Maximizes return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls, and reporting systems. Ensure company accounting procedures conform to generally accepted accounting principles and all financial reporting is completed on an accurate and timely basis. Provide robust business partnering to the plant leadership team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Responsible for all accounting and financial functions for the plant; including general accounting, cost accounting, account reconciliations, financial and operational reporting, internal controls, financial statement analysis, physical inventories, budgeting and forecasting.
* Provide excellent business partnering with Dir of Operations and other plant leadership through assessment, idea generation, root cause analysis, counter measure development, and driving accountability for results.
* Developing and maintaining the plant's internal controls and accounting policies and procedures, including adherence to Sarbanes Oxley.
* Partners with Supply Chain and Manufacturing management to ensure inventory accuracy.
* Recommend benchmarks for measuring financial and operating performance, report accurately, and participate in counter measure activities.
* Assure financial plans are consistent with organizational goals.
* Provide financial analysis to evaluate company ventures or special projects, programs, capital expenditures, products costing, contract negotiations, etc.
* Responsible for managing internal and external audit processes.
* Function as a business partner with plant and financial management; provides analysis, counsel, advice and recommendations to help top-level management make operating decisions.
* Manage the capital planning, budgeting and control system including post-mortem analysis on cost and benefit realization.
* Establish, implement, and document short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
* Ensures site is in compliance with all corporate and division financial requirements and requests.
* Ensures company standard practices and procedures are followed.
* Interact and participate in strategic IT decisions and ERP implementations.
* Support acquisition due diligence and integration, product divestitures/moves, and other large projects if needed.
* Actively participate in long range planning, play-to-win strategies, and annual planning development and execution.
*Other duties may be assigned*
* Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assisting, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Provides ongoing training to applicable staff to develop and encourage their technical and operational performance. Meets with appropriate staff on a timely basis for performance evaluations and goal setting.
This is an air conditioned facility with many pieces of equipment that produce heat. The following are potential items encountered: fumes, dust, noise, hazardous/toxic chemicals. Appropriate training is provided and documented based on job placement that complies with OSHA and EPA regulations.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT REQUIREMENTS
ASTM F-2412-2005, ANSI Z41-1999, or ANSI Z41-1991 rated safety toed shoes and clear ANSI Z87.1 safety rated glasses are required for the job.
Carlisle Interconnect Technologies is dedicated to identifying and reducing the environmental impact of its operations, activities, and products. It is our commitment to comply with all applicable laws and other regulatory requirements concerning the environment. We are committed to preventing pollution and continually improving our environmental performance in all of our global operations. This will be achieved through a comprehensive Environmental Management System that provides the framework for setting and reviewing environmental objectives and targets of Carlisle Interconnect Technologies.
0% - 15%
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary for the major duties and responsibilities performed by incumbents of the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
* Understanding of Value Stream Accounting/lean accounting a plus.
* Capable of analyzing complex and abstract data; and reasoning and reaching conclusions without continued guidance of standards, precedents, or direction from others.
* A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
* An energetic, assertive individual with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
* Competent in participative management, team approaches and other management techniques for work accomplishment and problem solving.
* Must be a self-starter and be able to meet duties and responsibilities with minimum supervision.
* Confidentiality required: Information routinely handled will be proprietary and highly confidential to the corporation and to customers.
* Displays effective leadership as defined by the Carlisle IT Model Manager guidelines.
* Other duties as required in support of the department and company.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* BA in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration; CPA or MBA preferable.
* Minimum 8 years of experience in a Manufacturing environment
Excellent ability to read, write, and speak English must be demonstrated.
This position is required to analyze data for statistical performance and possibly utilize algebraic expressions to solve problems. Collection and processing of data is done through SAP and Microsoft Access databases so experience and training toward effective utilization is needed.
* Regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear
* Frequently required to stand and walk
* Occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
* Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
* Specific vision abilities required, i.e. close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
San Diego, California
Posted about 7 hours ago
San Diego, California
Posted about 7 hours ago
Posted about 2 hours ago