Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (₠25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit .
We are currently seeking an individual for a Plant Engineer position who will support Linde's hydrogen and air separation operations in Niagara Falls, NY. The successful candidate will report to the Niagara Falls Facility Director.
The Plant Engineer will provide day-to-day technical support with emphasis on plant improvements, process safety, and process consistency. The plant engineer will interface with various functional teams including Safety & Environmental Services (S&ES), Maintenance, Reliability, Project Engineering, Productivity, Process Controls, and Process Safety.
- Provide process safety stewardship in areas of operating procedures, operating/technical manuals, critical safety systems, management of change, pre-startup safety reviews, process hazards analysis, incident investigations, audits and assessments, alert compliance, operations training, alarm management, P&ID updates, and action item follow-up.
- Delivery and support of continuous improvement and cost saving initiatives to accomplish productivity targets
- Provide technical support to plant operations and maintenance technicians
- Active support and participation in driving reliability initiatives through root cause analysis, idea generation and small project execution.
- Monitor plant efficiency, KPIs, and alarm management program.
- Assist in the development and delivery of process training.
- Support plant operations and troubleshooting including startups, unplanned shutdowns, and plant upsets.
- Provide as-needed support for plant turnaround planning and execution.
- Assist plant operations with basic personnel safety fundamentals including safety meeting participation, work order management and compliance, and LOTO/CSE functions based upon experience.
- B.S. or M.S. degree in chemical or mechanical engineering preferred.
- Two years of related experience preferred.
- Flexibility in work schedule to support operations during startup, shutdown, or unplanned events.
- Able to work in confined spaces and at elevated levels.
At Linde, we strive to create a work environment that treats all employees with respect, supports new thoughts and ideas, encourages growth and development, celebrates our differences, and embraces inclusion. Linde is committed to remaining an employer of choice for the diverse, ever-increasing pool of global talent. To learn more, visit About Linde.
We offer a comprehensive competitive benefits package including paid holidays and vacation, health, dental, disability, life insurance, 401(k) (with matching), and pension benefits.
Linde thanks all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those applicants who are being considered for an interview will be contacted.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
This job has expired.