Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
This position is responsible for providing plant oversight for cost and engineering activities that facilitates the efficient progress of plant operations and assures compliance with regulatory agencies.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Take the lead in the preparation of annual operating budgets.
- Analyze and design capital improvement projects which add value to our operations.
- Develop and analyze efficiency reports and facilitate solutions to minimize downtime and maximize productivity.
- Perform/ deliver tailgate safety meetings.
- Continuously evaluate our rolling stock utilization and operational management.
- Ensure compliance with MSHA, OSHA, Environmental regulations, etc.
- Monitor and oversee daily production and loadout test results to ensure that product specifications are met for all products we sell from our facilities.
- Work with industry experts on issues which are critical to our business (committee work) as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or other related field required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Minimum of 6 years of construction materials field experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of materials business.
- Experience with Hot Mix Asphalt Plants
- General understanding of Plant operations and mechanical requirements.
- Strong understanding of federal, state and local laws, policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish relationships with agencies and represent Granite in a public forum.
- Strong public speaking and ability to communicate with management
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Additional Requirements/Skills
Our Benefits at a Glance:
- Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment
- Ability and willingness to abide by the Company's Code of Conduct on a daily basis
- Valid driver's license and ability to drive for extended periods of time
Building tomorrow starts with you, and Granite knows that you can excel only if we support you in and out of the workplace. That is why we offer a broad benefits package that includes paid holidays, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending plans, as well as special programs for musculoskeletal health, mental wellness, and more.
Salaried employees may choose from two PPO medical plans through Anthem BlueCross, including our most popular plan, for which 100% of the premium is paid by Granite for eligible employees and dependents. Employees can also opt into a Health Savings Account (HSA) or a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
As part of our investment in your future outside of the workplace, Granite provides a 100% match on the first 6% of eligible compensation that salaried employees defer into their 401(k) plans, which vests immediately.
Benefits may vary for positions located outside of the continental United States.Base Salary Range:
$107,389.00 - $161,083.00
Pay may vary based upon relevant experience, skills, location, and education among other factors.About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.