Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
The Plant Manager is responsible day to day operations of the entire manufacturing facility to include safety, quality, efficiencies and meeting customer expectations. This includes driving strategic plans that ensure that production goals are met in the most cost effective manner delivering expected financial results.
- Ensures that the facility provides the highest quality products produced in the most efficient manner within budgeted costs. Implements systems to effectively manage production schedules properly supporting the business.
- Leads the effort and drives Lean Manufacturing tools and techniques fostering continuous improvement within the facility. Acts in a proactive fashion in regard to problem resolution.
- Manages profit and loss for the facility and drives Plant performance and reviews KPIs regularly (Daily, Weekly and Monthly).
- Leads the overall strategic planning efforts for the location which include cost reduction initiatives, capital planning and resources as well as in other areas.
- Manages the overall safety, quality, scheduling, production, shipping, maintenance and other administrative functions for the facility.
- Leads the effort in maintaining a safe, clean and efficient operation working within all company guidelines and local/state/federal regulations.
- Strives to improve the plant's safety accident record year over year in creating a positive safety culture for all employees. Conducts safety walks of the facility on a weekly basis.
- Conducts talent reviews. Trains, develops and motivates staff in an effort to optimize the workforce. Delivers performance reviews and any feedback to the team as needed.
- Conducts weekly staff meetings which focus on key operative measurements.
- Schedules and conducts plant communication meetings for all employees.
- Interfaces with customers and suppliers. Visits both as necessary.
- Works as necessary to establish positive community relationships.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Engineering, Operations or Business Management
- Minimum of 7-10 years of experience in operations, maintenance, engineering and/or process Improvement roles including managing teams of people
- Previous experience working in a Lean environment.
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification a plus
- Proven experience and record of successes in a high speed manufacturing environment. Experience with plastic injection molding environment, and metal processing/metal forming strong preferred
- Experience in a commercial role with direct customer contact
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with process development and business process design.
- Experience managing to the ISO or equivalent quality standards
- Experience implementing and/or managing to an Operating System (example: the Toyota Production Systems)