Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
Watch our video here
Asphalt Plant Operators are responsible for operating, setting up/tearing down and maintaining daily activities in a plant producing asphalt. This seasonal position is based in Alaska and will require travel.
Essential Job Accountabilities
• Operating a hot plant efficiently to maintain production goals
• Placing raw aggregate and liquid asphalt materials through the mixing drum to be stored in silos until ready for load-out on trucks for delivery to job sites.
• Perform general maintenance, repair, and service to hot plant as required.
• Ensure compliance with all health, safety, and environmental regulations, and with company policies and procedures.
• May operate equipment including: front end loader, skip loader, skid steer, and other equipment as needed.
• Communicate current job information with contractors and drivers.
• Maintain plant files and records.
• Trouble shoot to determine downtime and eliminate or minimize the causes in the future.
• Monitor material quality control and specifications. Perform site inspections for all equipment to identify and correct unsafe conditions.
• High School Diploma, GED or equivalent years of experience
• 5+ years of experience operating a hot plant preferred
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of hot mix asphalt business and operations.
• Ability to troubleshoot plant operational issues.
• Ability to communicate clearly.
• Ability to obtain an M.S.H.A Part 46 Certificate as required for the job.
Workers should be able to:
• Practice good safety habits
• Work in dusty or dirty surroundings
• Follow instructions and meet set standards
• Make decisions based on verifiable standards.
• Work up to 7 days per week & 80+ hours per week
• Be willing to work remote
Physically, workers must be able to:
• Stoop, bend, and crouch
• Use hands, arms, and legs fully
• See well (either naturally or with correction)
• Lift up to 45 pounds.
• Comply, understand, and support corporate safety initiatives to ensure a safe work environment.
• Demonstrate ability to learn Company's timekeeping and reporting systems.
• Ability and willingness to abide by Company's Code of Conduct daily.
• Ability to understand and comply with MSHA rules and regulations.
• Ability to react and quickly adapt in a fast-paced the plant environment.
About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.
Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
Saint Augustine, Florida
Posted about 11 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago
Posted about 9 hours ago