Job Title: Equipment Operator Department: Production
Reports to: Production Supervisor FLSA Status: Non- Exempt
Summary : Verify and kee p product ready for production by performing the following duties:
Essential Functions : To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Unloads and stacks material by raising and lowering lifting device.
- Moves levers and presses pedals to drive truck and control movement of lifting apparatus.
- Positions forks, lifting platform, or other lifting device under, over or around loaded pallets, skids, boxes, products, or materials and transports load to designated area.
- Inventories materials on the work floor and supply workers with materials needed.
- Attaches identifying labels to materials or marks information on cases.
- Loads or unloads product onto of off of pallets, skids or lifting devices.
- Conveys materials from storage of work sites to designated area.
- Must be able to hear operating equipment safety beeps and/or honking of operating equipment.
- Communicates effectively with customers when receiving and/or shipping a bill of lading and/or giving driving directions to our site.
- Regular, reliable attendance is required as work cannot be performed remotely.
Non-Essential Functions :
- Helps with quality control when not busy and/or stockers when boxes are not coming off the line to ship.
- Other duties may be assigned, directed or requested.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Minimum of 1-2 years experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computerized inventory control system preferred.
Physical Requirements : The requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee:
- Must be able to stand up to 8 hours in a day.
- Must be able to walk up to an hour .
- Must have no fear of heights.
- Will occasionally climb.
- Will occasionally push/pull from 11-25 pounds.
- Will frequently bend, stoop, reach up and out, crouch, kneel, and push/pull from 36-50 pounds.
- Will frequently carry up to 25 pounds and occasionally carry up to 50 pounds.
- Will frequently lift up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift up to 75 pounds.
- Will occasionally have repetitive foot movement.
- Will frequently have repetitive hand/arm movements for simple reaching, simple and firm grasping and/or fine hand manipulation.
- Specific vision ability required by this job includes close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to stand; use hand to finger, handle or feel objects; and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to wear gloves occasionally.
Language Skills :
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals .
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as, area circumference and volume.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- The work performed is in a warehouse environment
- The employee is frequently exposed to vibrations and dust and will be working around moving machinery
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate at low decibels
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, team environment
Employee Signature Date
This job has expired.