This position exists to create preference and engaged active users in law schools and law firms in an assigned territory by assessing the needs of the customer, developing school- and firm-specific business plans, and educating clients on the advantages of LexisNexis products and services. The Practice Area Consultant will partner with the commercial account team to maximize contract renewals by ensuring the customer is receiving value from our products and service. This position is home based and serves the San Francisco and Silicon Valley metro areas.
- Proactively and aggressively perform as a Consultative Sales Person, by relating, discovering, advocating, and supporting law school and law firm customers in order to win preference and increase usage among existing clients.
- Communicate credibly with all levels of a law firm and law school, including associates, students, partners, faculty, librarians and leadership (i.e. law-firm managing partners) in order to understand their challenges and improve business in innovative ways.
- Listen and partner with all levels of law firm and law school customers and strategically respond with product solutions and efficient research paths to improve their work-life balance.
- Develop strategic account plans (which will differ school-by-school and firm-by-firm), recognize sales opportunities, target specific sales activities, and analyze competitive threats.
- Manage entire law school account independently and partner with law firm client managers to overcome customer challenges and effectively position them to close significant opportunities.
- Demonstrate deep product, content or practice area knowledge; act as an internal resource for sales, marketing and segment.
- Prepare and deliver specialized customer presentations that communicate our value proposition and competitive differentiators to create new active users.
- Conduct competitive research, analysis of findings and share information with product, segment and marketing.
- Develop and execute creative marketing strategies aimed at positioning LexisNexis as the superior source in meeting the needs of students, faculty, and staff at law schools and partners, associates and staff at law firms.
- Target, hire, and actively manage hourly student workers to assist in the accomplishment of goals at law schools
- Juris Doctorate. A State Bar membership, highly preferred.
- 2+ years proven sales experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate experience developing and executing on account plans and coordinating key stakeholders and resources to positively impact clients.
- Demonstrate outstanding networking capabilities and exhibit a professional demeanor, business maturity, and technical knowledge.
- Able to work as part of a team, accomplishing mutual team goals.
- Able to work independently and own and manage a territory.
- Able to lift/carry laptop and other sales materials up to 25 lbs.
LexisNexis, a division of RELX Group, is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.