Brighamand Women's Harbor Medical Associates is part of the Brigham and Women'sPhysicians Organization and is a multispecialty, primary care practice withmore than 65 physicians in our several offices on the South Shore.
You will find our practiceculture stimulating and rewarding. We value all our employees and offer comprehensivebenefits. We are affiliated with Brigham and Women's Hospital,Dana-Farber/Brigham and Women's Cancer Center and South Shore Hospital.
The Practice Assistant is responsible for check in, check out, and phonereception duties and serves as the first point of contact for patientappointments.
- Maintain aprofessional, courteous and positive manner during all interactions
- Perform check in,check out, and phone reception duties
- Verify insuranceeligibility
- Collectcopayments and outstanding patient balances
- Schedule followup appointments
- Secure priorauthorizations, referrals, and appointments for specialty care and testing
- Reconcile dailybatch and global processing
- Answer phones andassist patients or route calls to appropriate department
- Workcollaboratively with co-workers
- Participate inachieving common goals
- Share knowledgeand expertise willingly
- Offer/lendassistance as needed.
- Conveyinformation clearly in writing and verbally
- Listen withempathy
- Accept feedback in a positive manner
- Respond to inquiriesaccurately and in a timely manner
Professional Relationshipsand Development
- Willingly learnsnew skills, procedures, protocols as they are introduced
- Attends trainingand masters new software programs.
- Attends allmandatory staff meetings
May float to otherdepartments/sites to meet the needs of the business
Other duties as assignedQualifications
- High schooldiploma or equivalent required
- Associates orBachelor's degree preferred
- 1 - 2 years customerservice experience required
- Prior medicaloffice experience preferred
- Exceptionalinterpersonal and customer service skills in person and over the phone required
- Must work well aspart of a team
- Able to multitaskand prioritize work
- Must be able to work in a fast pacedenvironment
- Must bedetailed-oriented
- Familiarity withclinical processes and procedures; medical terminology
- Proficient in MicrosoftOffice
- Experience in PracticeManagement and Electronic Health Record applications a plus
- Ability tomaintain the strictest confidentiality
- Ability tocommunicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability tocomprehend complex orders, and stay calm during stressful situations
Brigham and Women's Physicians Organization is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, veteran status, disability unrelated to job requirements, genetic information, military service, or other protected status.
This job has expired.