GLOBALFOUNDRIES is a leading full-service semiconductor foundry providing a unique combination of design, development, and fabrication services to some of the world's most inspired technology companies. With a global manufacturing footprint spanning three continents, GLOBALFOUNDRIES makes possible the technologies and systems that transform industries and give customers the power to shape their markets. GLOBALFOUNDRIES is owned by Mubadala Investment Company. For more information, visit www.globalfoundries.com.
Summary of Role:
GLOBALFOUNDRIES seeks an experienced Principal Industrial Engineer, you'll collaborate with other members of the Industrial Engineering department, Manufacturing Engineering & Dispatching teams to analyze large amounts of data to improve factory output and reduce cycle time. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills are essential for this role.
- Provide and enhance tools to analyze the performance of the factory (such as OEE, throughput and cycle time)
- Run and maintain factory simulation systems
- Optimize dispatching rules through linear programming
- Support various departments in improving factory output using advanced analytics
- Participate in and/or lead process improvement teams and other small project technical teams
Qualifications Required Qualifications:
- Perform all activities in a safe and responsible manner and support all Environmental, Health, Safety & Security requirements and programs.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or Related Discipline
- Minimum 4 years relevant analytical/technical experience for a high-volume manufacturing company, preferably semiconductor wafer manufacturing
- Strong Programming Skills for Data-Analysis; ideally Python, SQL, R and VBA
- Knowledge of Data Visualization tools like QlikView and PowerBI
- Familiar with Relational Database
- Experience with Simulation applications like ARENA
- Travel Requirements: 5% of Travel
- Language Fluency: English (Written & Verbal)
- Master's Degree and of PhD in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or Related Discipline
- Minimum 2 years relevant analytical/technical experience
- Knowledge of Factory Physics and Principles
- Solid oral and written communication skills, ability to communicate complex data in a simple, actionable way
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Teams)
- Self-motivated and able to solve problems independently and in team settings
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and commitments
- Strong program management skills
- Lean / Six-Sigma Certification
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at email@example.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
An offer of employment with GLOBALFOUNDRIES is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background check and drug screen, as applicable and subject to applicable laws and regulations.
GLOBALFOUNDRIES is fully committed to equal opportunity in the workplace and believes that cultural diversity within the company enhances its business potential. GLOBALFOUNDRIES goal of excellence in business necessitates the attraction and retention of highly qualified people. Artificial barriers and stereotypic biases detract from this objective and may be illegally discriminatory.
All policies and processes which pertain to employees including recruitment, selection, training, utilization, promotion, compensation, benefits, extracurricular programs, and termination are created and implemented without regard to age, ethnicity, ancestry, color, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, national origin, race, religion, political and/or third-party affiliation, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristic or category specified by local, state or federal law.
This job has expired.