GPT is the world's leading manufacturer of critical pipeline sealing and electrical isolation products. With a focus on safety, performance and reliability, we employ advanced engineering and manufacturing processes to meet the challenging demands of the oil and gas, water/wastewater, and construction and infrastructure industries.
The Process Engineer is responsible for the development and improvement of manufacturing processes, while working closely with both the Engineering and Manufacturing teams.
Salary: $75,000.00 - $95,000.00 per year + Bonus
401(k), 401(k) matching, Medical, Dental, Vision, Health Savings Account, Life and AD&D, Employee assistance program, PTO, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts
- Is the main point of contact, between Manufacturing and Engineering
- Leads efforts to improve manufacturing processes while having strong communication with all other functional areas
- Proficient in the measurement of parts and tooling via industry accepted measurement devices and systems including, but not limited to, micrometers, verniers, calipers, Pi tapes, non-contact/vision/laser devices, coordinate measurement machines and comparators
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout
- Evaluate existing (and new) manufacturing processes to determine both technical and cost gaps in capabilities
- Works closely with all in-house Engineers to collect, analyze and summarize product and manufacturing related data
- Be the manufacturing representative during new product launches or product design changes, to ensure new methods, processes and documents fit both manufacturing and regulatory needs
- Assist in annual capital equipment budgeting
- Assist/Lead the vetting, selection, installation, implementation, and sustainment of capital equipment
- Support validation efforts for new/improved products and processes
- Design and develop fixtures/tooling for machining, kiting, assembly, welding, and pressure testing processes
- Train manufacturing employees on new processes or process changes
- Train employees on all aspects and components of new manufacturing systems
- Maintaining a safe, clean, and hazard free work area
- Comply with all OSHA and company safety practices and regulations
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates self-awareness - Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Situational adaptability - Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Decision quality - Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Light to Medium Work:
- Four-year degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent
- Three or more years of experience in manufacturing process improvement
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction or supervision
- Commitment to work safely in all aspects of the position
Spending extended periods in a stationary position, both sitting and standing. Physical demands may include stooping, kneeling, touching, feeling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, repetitive motions, positioning self to utilize equipment properly, and lifting and/or transporting items up to 35 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
GPT values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.