At Materion, everyone is included, respected and offered opportunity to grow. Join us!
Materion is seeking a Process Engineer to join our rapidly-growing Precision Optics team located in Westford, MA. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Process Engineer will work with team members to develop and define new processes to meet customer requirements and maintain existing processes. The incumbent will assist with the photolithography and wafer level cell areas.
You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Oversee and validate statistical process control, process improvement efforts, new equipment and process installation
- Work with Product Development Engineers to develop monitor schemes
- Support Manufacturing Engineers in achieving or exceeding predicted process capability, yield and OEE
- Design tooling and masking with Product Development Engineer
- Work with Safety to provide safe process and working conditions
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering field or science discipline
- Strong mathematics background in order to perform statistical analysis
- 5 to 7 years of hands-on optical coating experience
- Optics and optical systems background
The selection of the person to be hired for this position is contingent on the candidate having export compliance eligibility for access to U.S. controlled technology which comes under the licensing jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Since Materion Precision Optics and Thin Film Coatings is a Department of Defense cleared facility, the candidate selected will have to qualify as either a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. National, or a Lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (also, called a green card holder).