Position location is negotiable - preference is Knoxville, TN or Houston, TX but other (home-based) locations are possible
If you want to work with some of the best world-wide experts in process safety/risk management, ABS Consulting may be the place for you.
ABS Consulting is seeking high-caliber engineers who want to join a world-class team of professionals who are passionate about helping others understand and improve all aspects of process safety/risk management. The specific engineers/specialists we are seeking will be part of and have access to our ABS Consulting Chemical Process Safety Center of Excellence, which is a worldwide network of experts, resources, and training materials related to a wide variety of regulatory, technical, and industry practice topics that are directly relevant to client projects. This network allows our project personnel quick access to in-depth process safety and related risk expertise/resources that can help augment the individual's knowledge base and/or be researched to provide good industry practices and benchmarking for technical questions that may arise during client projects.
What You Will Do:
What You Will Need:
- Individuals in this position will primarily be responsible for managing process safety-related engagements with clients generally at locations around the U.S. but international locations may be possible if desired.
- Individuals selected for this position will be responsible for consulting, auditing, developing written programs, and assisting in implementation of all aspects of process safety management (PSM) activities for a wide variety of clients in all industries (refining, petrochemical, oil & gas production], chemical, pulp & paper, pharmaceutical, consumer products, etc.).
- Experience in auditing and/or implementation of PSM activities is helpful (process safety information, management of change, mechanical integrity, PHA, safe work practices, emergency response, etc.)
Education and Experience
- Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline, preferably an engineering discipline
- At least 2 years of experience (junior) to 20+ years of experience (senior) and knowledgeable of OSHA's process safety management (PSM) regulation (29 CFR 1910.119) and/or EPA's rule on risk management programs (40 CFR 68) (leading/assisting in process safety activities, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Process industry experience
- Safety and risk management experience
- Experience participating in and/or leading PSM and/or RMP compliance audits is helpful
- Experience participating in, scribing, and/or leading PHAs and/or LOPAs (using HAZOP, what-if, checklists, etc.) is helpful
- Experience and/or participation in incident investigations is helpful but not required
- Knowledge of mechanical integrity and/or maintenance activities (inspections, testing, CMMS, etc.) is helpful but not required
- Experience in instructing training courses is also a plus
- Excellent technical, interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
- Knowledgeable/proficient with computers and Microsoft Word
- Willing to travel to assignments
Reports directly to Manager level position or above. Salary Range:
We set out more than 160 years ago to promote the security of life and property at sea and preserve the natural environment. Today, we remain true to our mission and continue to support organizations facing a rapidly evolving seascape of challenging regulations and new technologies. Through it all, we are anchored by a vision and mission that help our clients find clarity in uncertain times.
ABS is a global leader in marine and offshore classification and other innovative safety, quality, and environmental services. We're at the forefront of supporting the global energy transition at sea, the application of remote and autonomous marine systems, cutting-edge technical solutions, and many more exciting advancements. Our commitment to safety, reliability, and efficiency is ever-present, guiding our clients to safer and more efficient operations. About Our Benefits
ABS Group proudly offers a variety of industry-leading benefits designed to enhance the life and well-being of our employees and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to, medical insurance (PPO and HD), dental and vision insurance, Health Savings account (HSA), Flexible Savings Account (FSA), life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, disability leave programs, parental leave program, paid holidays, and paid vacation time. The Company provides an Employee Assistance Plan (EAP) that offers additional support in personal wellness, including work-life services. ABS Group also offers a 401K plan with a generous company match, subject to plan requirements. Equal Opportunity
The ABS Group of Companies is committed to the equal employment opportunity of its employees and prohibits discrimination against any employee or qualified applicant based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status, or other non-work-related characteristics that may be protected under the law of the Federal Government or specific state employment laws. Notice
ABS and Affiliated Companies (ABS) will not pay a fee to any third-party agency without a valid ABS Master Service Agreement (MSA) authorized and signed by Human Resources. Any resume, CV, application, or other forms of candidate submission provided to any employee of ABS without a valid MSA on file will be considered property of ABS, and no fee will be paid. Other
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed, to be an all-inclusive list of responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job of the incumbent. It is intended to be an accurate reflection of the principal job elements essential for making a fair decision regarding the pay structure of the job. #ogjs
This job has expired.