As aProcurement Buyer on the $3.3BN Hampton Roads Bridge Tunnel Expansion Project (HRBT) in Virginia, you willbe the specialist for all Construction Material and Sub Contract procurement, in conjunction with the rest of the department.
The Hampton Roads Connector Partners JV (HRCP) consisting ofDragados, VINCI, and Flatironhas been selected to construct the $3.3BN Design Build project -the largest civil construction contract ever awarded by the Virginia Department of Transportation (VDOT).
The project scope across a 9 mile section of the I-64 will include:a new 3.5-mile bridge-tunnel crossing that will accommodate a total of 8 lanes of capacity across the water, replacement of the existing marine approach bridges and the addition of a third lane on I-64 in each direction. The twin 45' diameter 1.5-mile tunnels will be bored by TBM, creating the second largest TBM tunnel opening for a TBM in North America. The project is expected to continue to the end of 2025.
- Assist in the management of the project procurement plan in accordance with approved corporate and or project policies, procedures, plans, strategy and budgets.
- Communicate with bidders and suppliers or subcontractors on procurement-related matters.
- Oversee the preparation of applicable bid inquiry documents, bid tabulations and selection recommendations.
- Participate in contract negotiations and preparation, including issuing approval of contract documents, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Oversee Coordination of expediting, logistics and traffic with respect to the delivery of supplier equipment and materials delivered to site.
- Research new materials for design and cost savings.
- Develop and implement new purchasing strategies to deliver ongoing cost reductions and process simplification
- Maintain existing relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, and establish new relationships to ensure adequate resources for all projects and to continually improve pricing and quality of work
- Assist in settling invoice or contract disputes
- Interface with project segment managers and contract administrators, buyers, expeditors, inspectors, materials controllers, transportation and logistics and other parties as required.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- High school or GED from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 3years' procurement experience, preferably in infrastructure projects including roads and bridges.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum 2 years' experience negotiating contract articles within the construction industry in a similar role.
- Ability to negotiate / discuss general clauses.
- Local Virginia experience highly preferred.
- SmartBidsoftware experience.
- Strong contract management experience essential.
- Sound knowledge of MS Office suite, including Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of procurement best practices, import regulations, competitive bidding, market conditions, general contract terms and conditions is required.
- Strong negotiation skills, including the ability to reconcile conflicting service and financial requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Results oriented with the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities and timelines.
- Exceptional time management skills and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must demonstrate exceptional judgment, discretion and professional courtesy.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)Recommended Skills
- Balance Sheet
- Construction Engineering
- Contract Management
- Contract Negotiation
- Cost Reduction
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!
This job has expired.