Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
Applies broad knowledge of principles and practices in Design Engineering. Independently evaluates, selects, and adapts standard techniques, procedures, and criteria. Acquires general knowledge of principles and practices of related fields. Works on multiple projects with low level of oversight from project manager and/or technical lead.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience Requirements
- Develops new concepts from initial design to market release
- Coordinate development activities to meet customer requirements
- Generate technical documentation (i.e. Design History File, Risk Management Documents, Product/Process Validation Protocols/Reports)
- Develop new technologies/processes to expand manufacturing capabilities
- Develop detailed manufacturing processes and inspection protocols for medical devices
- Implement and qualify new equipment, fixtures, and tooling for manufacturing
- Develop solid models and prints using Solidworks
- Procure equipment and raw materials
- Perform process/manufacturing risk analysis and coordinate with manufacturing and quality to mitigate risk
- Identify key product features and generate test methods to verify design output meets design inputs
- Update design documentation and submit engineering change orders
- Any other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Plastics or Biomedical Engineering is desired.
- 4 - 8 years of medical device design and development experience is required.
- Familiarity with design for manufacturability is desired.
- Experience working with operations to develop strong manufacturing process instructions and operator training to ensure smooth product transition into the manufacturing environment is required.
- Familiarity with process validation is desired.
- SolidWorks 3D CAD proficiency.
- Familiarity with FDA QSR and ISO 13,485 medical device regulations.
- Knowledge of probability and statistics.
- Depth of knowledge in one or more clinical areas.
- Depth of knowledge in one or more product areas.
- Depth of knowledge in one or more technical areas, for example finite element analysis.
- Familiarity with design for catheters and extrusions is desired.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Must have a knowledge of product development and design control requirements
- Candidate must have exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must be a self-motivated and ambitious individual that also has the skill set to work effectively on a team
- Candidate must have a positive attitude and the ability to adapt to a dynamic and quickly changing work environment
- Candidate must have strong problem-solving skills
- Must display excellent organization and be capable of multitasking
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.