Every day, ANDRITZ continues to deliver successful innovative solutions to our customers globally. Why are we so successful? Because we are passionate and love what we do! We are at the forefront of future engineering technologies, with solutions that ensure the success of our clients in key industries that are shaping the future of the world we live in.
ANDRITZ METALS Inc. is the North American headquarters for the ANDRITZ METALS division of ANDRITZ. As part of their goal to be North America's most highly regarded provider of thermal and strip processing technology ANDRITZ METALS Inc. is seeking qualified individuals for the position of Product Manager - Strip Furnaces. Typical projects include all aspects relating to industrial metals furnaces with a focus on strip processing applications. Typical project scope includes combusiton/controls upgrades, furnace rebuilds, field service, and complete equipment design/supply/install/commissioning.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Engineering (preferably mechanical or combustion).
- EIT or PE certification a plus.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience in design, project engineering and start-up of similar equipment.
- Experience with industrial furnaces in the strip processing industry is key.
- Experience with combustion, refractory, electronic systems, structural and mechanical design.
- Experience designing with CAD software such as SolidWorks and AutoCAD.
- Problem solving skills with the ability to become hands on involved when needed.
- Strong communication, organizing, planning, and inter-personal skills.
- Willing and able to travel for erection and commissioning both domestically and internationally.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft office products.
Overall project technical responsibility and coordination.
- Mechanical design and functional description writing for material handling systems.
- Process calculations and piping systems design for pneumatic, hydraulic, service/cooling water, and combustion/ combustion safety systems.
- Performs design calculations and prepare equipment or material specifications
- Structural design
- Refractory design
- Technical purchasing specification and requisition writing
- Fabrication inspections
- Attend customer technical meetings
- Develop and maintain project work schedules
- Project cold and hot commissioning
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Must have initiative. Will work independently and collectively. Must possess a strong desire to learn and build technical knowledge.
- Domestic and international travel is required including potential for longer duration travel associated with startup/commissioning duties. Must be physically capable to perform required activities associated with onsite work
This will be a salaried, exempt position. Compensation to be discussed relative to experience and abilities. This position will be open to the company yearly bonus and retirement savings programs.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability.
Requisition ID: 4854 Nearest Major Market: