At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Daramic where we develop and manufacture advanced lead-acid battery separators that are driving innovation in transportation and industrial applications with cars, trucks, forklifts, and golf carts as well as ESS.
For over 85 years, Daramic, LLC has led the way in developing new and innovative technology for the lead acid battery market. With headquarters in Charlotte, North Carolina, USA- Daramic supplies high-performance polyethylene and phenolic resin battery separators to the lead acid battery industry. Daramic is part of Polypore International, a leading global high technology company specializing in microporous membranes. Polypore brings advanced development and manufacturing know-how, as well as unique problem-solving capabilities to customers' lithium-ion and lead-acid battery development teams. Polypore is an Asahi Kasei Group company, which is a diversified group of companies led by holding company Asahi Kasei Corp., with operations in the material, homes, and health care business sectors.
Directly reports to the Process Engineering Manager.
About the Role
This role primarily has the authority to enforce corrective action and ensure these job expectations are met and enforced in order to facilitate environmental, safety and quality management systems.
We take ownership in creating a safe and healthy working environment for our employees, and our community.
We strive to exceed expectations. We are creative and innovative by adding value through unity and synergy.
We actively create an environment that is transparent and sincere. We work collaboratively to build consensus and resolve conflicts in the achievement of common goals. We truly appreciate the uniqueness of each and every individual.
ISO 14001 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM/EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Understand the importance of conformance with the environmental policy relevant procedures and the requirements of the EMS (Environmental Management System).
- Understand the environmental impacts associated with their work activities and the environmental benefits of improved personal performance.
- Understand their role in achieving conformance with the environmental policy, relevant procedures, and the requirements of the EMS, including preparedness and response.
- Understand the potential consequences of deviation from specified operating procedures.
Immediately report any accidents and release to the Supervisor.
- Recognize that adhering to job responsibilities and procedures regarding environmental, health and safety is a condition of employment.
- Knowledge of PSM requirements and compliance.
Primary Description of Role
- Comply with all environmental, safety, and health rules, policies, PSSRs, GEMBA walks and programs established by the company to the extent of training received.
Production Engineer role is primarily responsible for providing day to day support to equipment area assigned to assure, safe operation, quality product production with optimum efficiency. Does this by applying technical skills to optimize plant operations, resolve plant problems, and enable safe and efficient production of low cost, quality products. Identifies and help resolve training issues for area as well as provides input for continuous improvement ideas. Requires conceptual knowledge of theories, practices, and procedures within job discipline.
Key Responsibilities and Activities
Mentor and Teacher
- Works closely with the operations team using problem solving skills and technical expertise to help troubleshoot and resolve day to day issues and production problems
- Monitors and analyzes production data on daily basis to ensure good operation of equipment area while identifying areas that need support and improvement
- Conducts daily review of logbooks, Power BI database, alarm history and process data and reports to better understand the plant operation and stay engaged with daily activities and act accordingly.
- Maintains, owns, and reviews daily Key Process Indicators (KPI)/ trends to ensure optimum performance.
- Prepares and/or update process documentation including standard operating conditions, standard operating procedures, process parameters, process specifications and PFMEAs to ensure safety, standardization and efficiency
- Ensures that standard operating conditions and procedures arre being followed along with the production supervisor through a strong field presence and performance of regular process audits
- Document knowledge, MOCs, Process Changes as need and provide support to Plant Trials.
- Helps training group train production personnel on new or updated procedures,
- Applies SDCA methodologies to drive stability and improve quality and reliability.
- Conducts Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCA) to eliminate causes of significant production downtime, quality abnormalities or ESH incidents.
- Ensures Most Effective Technology (MET) is understood and utilized, where possible and that process automation is used as a tool to optimize plant performance.
- Champions process safety activities and ensures that relevant process safety standards are followed in area of responsibility. Acts as a resource for relevant process safety concerns for relevant equipment area.
- Elevates troubleshooting issues as needed to CI group and Process Technology Center (PTC) group and then partners with the groups to help resolve issues.
- Production Manager, Continuous Improvement Manager, Maintenance Manager, Plant Manager and Process Technology Team.
Manufacturing plant setting that would require working in a production environment. Work will require standing and walking for up to 80% of the time. Lighting and temperature are adequate. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount to force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body.
. Education, Experience, AND SKILLS
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years process engineering or direct process experience with ability to solve problems in complex scenarios / multiple constraints.
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Minitab (primarily to perform data analysis)
- Working in a Union environment, experience a plus (not required)
- Six Sigma / Lean manufacturing experience a plus (not required)
- Materials Engineering & Compounding (Extrusion) is a plus (not required)
- Verbal and written communication
- Ability to be a 360 ° communicator in all levels of management
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Solid engineering principles as they apply to the process
- Solid Troubleshooting and Problem solving skills
- Ability to analyze data to simplify complex problems
- Bias for action and deep diving to deliver results
- Process Instruction & Report writing ability
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.