Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is looking for an experienced Production Engineer to join our client team in Pasadena, Texas. In this role, you will help e nsure on-time delivery of the product by producing on-spec material according to the customer's schedule .
Some of the other responsibilities will include, but will not be not limited to:
- Incorporate feedback from customers into daily production practices and procedures.
- Provide site tours and participate in audits when necessary.
- Track and improve unit KPIs, including volume and quality goals, by optimizing existing equipment.
- Monitor DCS performance and make changes to coding where appropriate.
- Add MOC with appropriate design, PSI documentation, and PSSR.
- Maintain product databases (ERP) and analyzes the accuracy of BOMs.
- Troubleshoot production issues and improve process safety and efficiency.
- Track production efficiency, including downtime, cycle times, product yields, material variance, first-pass quality, and lost production volume. Address any gaps in these areas that can be resolved without redesign/capital investment.
- Lead trials of new products once R&D has transferred ownership to the site.
- Assist in the schedule optimization through cycle time analysis and application of product wheels. Assist Logistics and Supply Chain in finalizing production schedules.
- Identify possible unit improvement projects, collects data to support their development, and forward them to the engineering group for further investigation. Serve as a SME on ongoing project teams and collect data to confirm success after projects are implemented.
- Identify projects that could provide good ROE if implemented.
- Monitor material variance for deviations.
- Perform capability analysis on new and existing products.
- Record and investigate quality deviations, collaborating with the operations team and QC lab to identify and address problems.
- Serve as an accessible point of contact and mentor to shift supervisors and operators.
Skills / Qualifications
- BS in Chemical Engineering
- 3+ years of experience
- Root Cause Analysis Training, PSM, DeltaV/DCS Coding (preferred)
- Demonstarted ability to communicate effecitively and professionally with colleagues and clients alike
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.