Location: Robinson, IL (US)
Position Type: Hourly
Anticipated Start Date: April 24th, 2023
Learn more about being a production operator! Take a quiz and see if this role would be a good match for you: https://mfgjobpreview.hersheys.com/ and watch our Day in the life video here: https://youtu.be/P6VPwQW1DeE
- Starting Payrate: $22.00/hr
- Eligible for holiday pay on first day
- Shift Differentials & Overtime Potential!
- Eligibility to bid for higher graded positions after successful completion of probation period
- Manufacturing Incentive Plan Eligible
- Health Insurance (Medical, Dental, & Vision)-Starting DAY 1!
- 401(k) Retirement Plan - with generous company match
- Hershey Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
Career Advancement Opportunities starting Day 1!
- We ask that you are flexible to work any shift, weekends, overtime and holidays
Schedule assignment upon hire is determined by plant needs. New hires are eligible to bid to a different shift within their assigned department, beginning day 1 (awarded based on seniority within that department).
- Continuous Operating Schedule (COS) a 12-hour shift from 6:00pm-6:00am with a work-week schedule of 4 on/4 off with additional day(s) as needed.
- Regular schedule is 8-hour shifts; 1st & 2nd shift is Monday through Friday and 3rd shift is Sunday-Thursday. Mandatory overtime could be weekly (scheduled for 12 hours/day, Sunday through Saturday) or daily (additional 4 hours on your 8-hour shift) or weekends (8 to 12-hour shifts).
- Candidates are required to take and pass a pre-hire assessment to schedule an interview
- Qualified applicants will receive an email to schedule for an interview (ensure you have access to a valid email).
- Post-Offer Drug Screen and Background Check required*
*Valid ID required
Come Make More Moments of Goodness with us as a Production Operator!
The Hershey Company Robinson plant is a non-union plant producing products such as PayDay, Heath, Skor, Milk Duds, Whoppers, and Reese's Pieces; in a high-speed complex environment. As a Production Operator, you will work in a variety of roles in processing and packaging within the plant. Operators are responsible for maintaining our highest quality of food safety standards, sanitation standards, and production and packaging requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operating processing and/or packaging equipment.
- Operating a fork truck,
- Following and interpreting information from processes including, performing various quality checks (i.e. metal detectors, date codes, and weight systems) and following Autonomous Maintenance Programs (cleaning, inspecting, and lubricating equipment)
- Observing all safety procedures, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), and good housekeeping practices
- At least 18 years of age at time of hire
- Authorized to work in the United States
- High School diploma or GED Certificate
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend English
- Ability to understand and perform basic mathematics
- Basic computer knowledge with ability to find and enter information
- Must be flexible to work any shift during a 24 hour period (1st / 2nd / 3rd) and any variation of shift length (e.g. 8 hours or 12 hours) 1st / 2nd / 3rd (8 or 12 hour shifts) Must be available to work weekends, holidays and overtime
- Experience in a manufacturing/food manufacturing environment including the following: Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Safe Quality Foods (SQF), Autonomous/Preventative Maintenance, Continuous Improvement, and Warehouse Management Systems such as SAP/LPR.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable a qualified individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position as required by state and federal law:
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- Work from heights and in confined spaces
- Repetitive use of hands, wrists, and forearms
- Work in variable temperatures (60-100 degrees Fahrenheit)
- Walking and standing for the majority of the shift
- Reaching, bending, stooping and crawling
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center (email@example.com).