Plant Name: Chicago - 101026
Mauser Packaging Solutions is a global leader in solutions and services across the packaging lifecycle, providing large and small metal, plastic, fiber and hybrid packaging worldwide to companies in industries from food, beverage, personal care and pharmaceuticals to chemicals, petrochemicals, agrochemicals and paints. Bringing together the very best of its four legacy companies- BWAY, MAUSER Group, NCG and ICS-Mauser Packaging Solutions offers its customers true sustainability at scale.
The Production Supervisor is responsible for front-line leadership in day-to-day operations of a designated production team to include safety, quality, efficiencies and meeting customer expectations. Provides overall direction to production floor employees in the areas of production, scheduling, performance management, training and other related areas striving to improve overall operational efficiencies.
- Provides leadership and training to accomplish production objectives to all employees for Safety, Quality, Production, Packaging, and Maintenance.
- Coordinates production activities with other departments to insure production goals/objectives are accomplished in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Works with operations team to ensure vacancies are covered for any planned/unplanned.
- Establishes and monitors shift performance for safety, quality, and production standards.
- Enters production data accurately into system in order to measure and monitor KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) around efficiencies, downtime, inventory and overall production.
- Updates communication boards to keep production floor team members informed about safety, quality and efficiency metrics. Leads employee start-up meetings
- Works with other team members to control and improve efficiencies, minimize labor overtime, downtime and repair expenses. Implements cost effective systems around this as necessary.
- Promotes shop floor organization, plant house-keeping with employees lean utilizing techniques such as 5S with shift personnel.
- Acts as first point of contact for operators regarding mechanical failure or production issues; Directs maintenance employees to troubleshoot mechanical problems and perform preventative maintenance.
- May conduct tool store inventory reviews to ensure proper tools and/or parts are available for use in the event they are needed.
- Prepares and reviews employees worked hours for submission to payroll.
- Bachelor degree in engineering or operations management
- 3 years supervisory experience in manufacturing environment or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Certification a plus
- Previous Labor Relations experience
- Previous experience working in a Lean environment; Embraces continuous improvement
- Self-directed team player
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Flexibility to work multiple shifts
- Excellent Communication
- Strong Business Acumen
- Results Orientation
- Building Collaborative Relationships
- Influencing Others
- Strategic Thinking
- Customer Orientation
Mauser Packaging Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.