Why Welbilt? That's easy... we're not your typical manufacturing company. We're building the industry's most incredible foodservice equipment; we're thinking outside the box to work smarter, not harder through Lean/Six Sigma methodologies; and we're bringing innovation to life each and every day with the industry's most talented workforce. Check out our opening at Welbilt' s Delfield facility*today!
We are Welbilt! We are pioneers and innovators. Our industry knowledge and insights stretch back nearly a century, from the original founding of the Hirsch brothers' Welbilt Stove Company in 1929. We design, manufacture and supply best-in-class food and beverage equipment for the global foodservice market. We attract talent and build careers. We empower you to grow with us. We recognize you and reward you. We win together as one team.
As a Production Supervisor you will be responsible for the safety of your team, as well as driving your team to success in meeting their daily metrics. This position will also be responsible for continuous improvement within their areas to positively support the team and continue to enhance productivity. The Production Supervisor is expected to build strong, positive relationships with their team members, to embody a unified team, driving to execute the business objectives.
Reporting directly to the Operations Manager, this position is based in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan. This position is on night shift. The schedule is 6 p.m.-4:30 a.m. Monday- Thursday. Frequent overtime is necessary to accomplish the workload, which will result in added workdays on Friday and Saturday.
- Responsible for quality and quantity produced in this area
- Direct the workers in Safety
- Fulfill the total amount of units to be built in accordance to the production plan
Key Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Drive safety at all times
- Responsible for productivity and quality of department
- Provide clear direction to team members
- Fulfill the total amount of units to be built in accordance with the production plan
- Further on control the workflow
- Focus on continuous improvements that strengthen the team, and drive business results
- Timekeeping of direct report utilizing ADP
- Partner with the union to resolve issues proactively.
- Bachelor's Degree in the engineering or similar field preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years' experience or 7 years' experience in lieu of degree is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required.
- Demonstrated experience leading a team to success through positive reinforcement, team building, and accountability required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office required.
- Six Sigma Experience preferred.
- Union experience preferred.
* The Delfield Company in Mt. Pleasant, Michigan manufactures world class product brands such as Delfield® and Multiplex®. Products include prep tables, worktop refrigeration, refrigerated equipment stands, mobile serving lines, custom refrigeration, frozen beverage dispensing equipment. The facility in Mt. Pleasant is a division of Welbilt, Inc.
Welbilt, Inc. provides the world's top chefs, premier chain operators and growing independents with industry-leading equipment and solutions. Our innovative products and solutions are powered by our deep knowledge, operator insights, and culinary expertise. Our portfolio of 12 award-winning product brands includes Cleveland™, Convotherm®, Crem®, Delfield®, Frymaster®, Garland®, Kolpak®, Lincoln™, Manitowoc®, Merco®, Merrychef® and Multiplex®. These product brands are supported by three service brands: KitchenCare®, our aftermarket parts and service brand, FitKitchen®, our fully-integrated kitchen systems brand, and KitchenConnect®, our cloud-based digital platform brand. Headquartered in the Tampa Bay region of Florida, supported by over 5,400 employees and operating 21 manufacturing facilities throughout the Americas, Europe and Asia, we sell through a global network of over 5,000 distributors and dealers in over 100 countries. For more information, visit www.welbilt.com .
Welbilt, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer which values diversity in the workplace . All applicants shall receive equal consideration and treatment in employment without regard to race, color, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, marital status, familial status, medical condition, or any other status protected by law. All recruitment, hiring, placements, transfers and promotions will be on the basis of individual skills, knowledge, abilities, and business need.
This job has expired.