Kemps is a farmer-owned brand of Dairy Farmers of America (DFA), a diary marketing cooperative owned by more than 12,500 family farmers. Since 1914, Kemps has provided families with fresh, delicious dairy products, fresh milk, frozen yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese and frozen novelty treats.
By joining Kemps, you can help us continue to make a difference that matters. We care deeply about the well-being of our neighbors and friends, and we celebrate the diversity of our company and our world. It takes an incredible team to deliver the goodness of dairy and enrich our communities - come join us!
We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor-Overnights for our Cass-Clay plant in Fargo, ND that produces branded and private label fluid milk and yogurt. In this essential role, you will provide work direction and leadership to production employees while ensuring the production process flows smoothly and daily production goals are met.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor the pasteurizing, separating, cooling, filling, mixing, clean-up, standardizing, packaging, and storing operations to ensure that plant production and quality standards are met.
- Work effectively with unionized employees to promote positive and productive working relationships. Understand and effectively applies work rules, union contract provisions, and employment policies. Administer discipline consistently and fairly. Observe and/or participates in employee grievances, gaining knowledge from Human Resources and plant management. Actively communicate with employees through shift meetings and informal methods.
- Monitor the equipment used in production process (i.e., pasteurizer and culture vats) to ensure that equipment is functioning efficiently and is properly cleaned and sanitized. Arrange for timely repair/resolution of equipment failures.
- Actively promote safe work behaviors and holds self and others accountable for following safety rules and regulations. Conducts accident/injury investigations and sends reports of injury to HR in a timely manner to meet rapid reporting standards.
- Understand and fulfill the requirements of SQF 2000 Level 3 code of regulation for food safety and quality.
- Assist the Plant Manager and Production Manager with compiling and analyzing production and cost data for required company and government reports.
- Proactively seek ways to increase operational efficiency and contain costs. Identify and implement best practices in establishing SOP's and managing labor. Think creatively and abstractly to develop alternative possibilities to drive improvement.
- Support, demonstrate and promote Kemps' Values. Integrity (Build Trust), Passion (Carry the Vision), Performance (Produce Results), Quality (Lead the Way), Innovation (Make It Better), Accountability (Own It).
- Bachelor of Science in Food Science, Dairy Science, Business Administration. Will consider 5-7 years of work experience in dairy or food industry manufacturing in lieu of a degree
- 3+ years of food manufacturing experience and 1+ year of supervisory experience in a food manufacturing environment
- Comprehensive Benefits Package available 1st of the month after start date
- 401(k) with company contribution - 100% vested on day one of eligibility
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Career growth opportunities - we promote from within!
- Service recognition and employee rewards
- Employee referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Work for dairy farm families
An Equal Opportunity Employer