At Materion, everyone is included, respected and offered opportunity to grow. Join us!
Under the direction of the Vice President of Technology and Innovation, the Program Manager is responsible for the management and execution of custom production and accelerated development programs and projects related to the strategic direction of Materion Precision Optics. The Program Manager will function as the facilitator of key customer programs and is responsible to manage project scope, technical requirements, risks, financial budget and team accountability. The Program Manager will interface with customers to manage expectations and promote on time execution along with maintain internal goals and requirements.
You Will Have the Opportunity to:
- Identify and monitor risk to develop risk mitigation measures, including recovery plans for off-schedule programs and unanticipated events
- Serve as the primary point of contact (POC) for the assigned projects/ programs
- Conduct internal reviews for assigned programs as requested by the Executive Leadership and participate in internal reviews as required
- Solve customer problems by interfacing with Sales, Engineering, Operations, and Quality Assurance
- Maintain compliance with internal procedures & government procurement regulations (FAR/DFAR/ ITAR / Export Control)
- Apply financial controls, procedures, systems to evaluate contract/program budget status
- Collaborate with Application Engineering to aid in the quoting and proposal development of new opportunities from the current customer base
- Participate in market strategy as well as expected business forecasting
- Bachelor of Science in an engineering related discipline or business required
- At least 5 years' experience in program or project management
- 2-3 years in a role within a manufacturing environment
- Previous international business experience and working knowledge of ITAR and Export Compliance
- Knowledge of program / project management tools and procedures. WBS structures, risk impact matrices, schedule development and planning, etc. People management skills, particularly 'influence management" and 'conflict resolution.' Strong leadership skills.
The selection of the person to be hired for this position is contingent on the candidate having export compliance eligibility for access to U.S. controlled technology which comes under the licensing jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Since Materion Precision Optics and Thin Film Coatings is a Department of Defense cleared facility, the candidate selected will have to qualify as either a U.S. Citizen, a U.S. National, or a Lawful Permanent Resident of the U.S. (also, called a green card holder).