Position located within the Thermal Management North America Project Purchasing team in Troy, MI.
Project Buyer works to fulfill customer deliverables for all purchasing requirements of the project (cost targets, supplier PPAP timing, NAFTA content, and updates project team on all critical items.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead of Purchasing activities for purchase components and material as a key member of the project core team within the Product Development Process (PDP). Regional or global responsibility as assigned.
- Work with Engineering at initial design concept to attain target cost
- Evaluate and assess supplier's quotations to ensure commercial, technical and quality objectives are achieved. Evaluate and provide component costing based on program BOM timing
- Schedule technical component reviews
- Lead sourcing decision, in accordance to MAHLE Purchasing Procedures and work with commodity buyer (regional and global) to leverage best overall landed costs
- Ensure purchased components meet all program milestones, track and coordinate progress between suppliers and development team
- Communicate supplier risks to project team
- Effectively communicate with development team members throughout MAHLE Behr facilities worldwide including the generation and presentation of project status updates to management
Do you have any questions?
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Industrial Engineering or Business Administration
- At least 3 years of experience in Purchasing or other Supply Chain related field in an automotive environment (cross-functional exposure preferred)
- Specialized skills in negotiation, financial cost analysis and market analysis Ability to read blue prints and specifications required
- Strong time and project management, problem solving and continuous improvement skills
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes (stamping, injection molding, casting)
- Focus on deadlines and target objectives
- Strong team player, ability to coordinate cross-functional teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Travel of up to 40% of your time to suppliers and manufacturing plants locally and internationally can be expected.
This job has expired.