Building a career at Granite may be the most valuable thing you could do...
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company that will give you the experience and exposure you need to build your career and personal brand? If so, then you've come to the right place!
This position is responsible for leading the procurement, estimating and execution of selected large projects in a Region or Operating Group to ensure project efficiency and compliance of Company policies and procedures. This position is capable of handling multiple projects with aggregate annual revenue of up to $150 million. The Project Executive (PX) will be a member of the Large Project Regional Senior Management Team.
Essential Job Accountabilities
- Responsible for the successful pursuit and management of one or more large projects in a Large Project Region to ensure profitable project completion. Each PX leads the project from pursuit through start up and close out.
- Lead a collaborative range of functions, including leading estimating team, estimating process and bid reviews for large projects assigned by the LP Regional Manager to ensure efficient use of resources.
- Lead and coordinate efforts of project management team, Regional Management and Group #4 (C&E) to ensure all expectations are communicated and met.
- Participate in design task groups (if alternate procurement) and construction methods meetings to ensure best practices and ways to innovate to maximize competitiveness.
- Work with PM to perform buy-sell analysis for equipment and assesses labor agreements and rates to ensure accuracy and profitability.
- Implement, oversee and support all Project Manager Responsibilities on one or multiple projects to ensure the success of each project.
- Monitor schedule, work plans and project specific reports to ensure project progress is on track and completed on time.
- Oversee and enforce company/project safety policies to ensure a safe working environment.
- Lead the participating region(s) to ensure appropriate resources are provided including estimating, project management, safety, and quality assurance, equipment, controls, forecasting and reporting to ensure profitable projects.
- Support PM with facilitation of joint venture meetings and bid reviews to ensure terms of large projects are communicated and adhered to.
- Oversee project buy-out, close-out and approval of all large purchase orders and subcontractors within limits of authority to ensure budgetary goals are met.
- Review, approve and certify monthly project forecast and monthly project reports to ensure accurate financial reporting.
- Manage estimate "hand-off" to project team, assist in project startup, and assist in project closeout.
- Develop, train &mentor Large Project Managers, Engineers, Estimators & Design Build Coordinators for current and future staffing opportunities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Civil Engineering required.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
- 10+ years of hands-on large project management experience.
- 15+ years of heavy civil large project experience.
- Core competencies may override years of experience
- Advanced knowledge of the heavy civil construction large project business, including estimating and construction management.
- Proficient at strategy development and execution.
- Ability to accurately assess the current financial status of projects.
- Ability to accurately forecast the monthly, quarterly, yearly and final results of large projects.
- Ability to develop, lead and participate in a team environment.
- Proficient understanding of equipment types and capabilities.
- Advanced writing and communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Granite's Policies and Procedures.
- Strategic thinker, analytical, organization, innovative and problem solver.
- Inspiring, collaborative, mentors and develops others, builds relationships inside and outside the Company.
- Pace-setting, outspoken commitment to safety and quality and results driven.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Subject to outside working conditions. At times will be working around large construction equipment, must be safety conscience.Our Benefits at a Glance:
Building tomorrow starts with you, and Granite knows that you can excel only if we support you in and out of the workplace. That is why we offer a broad benefits package that includes paid holidays, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance, flexible spending plans, as well as special programs for musculoskeletal health, mental wellness, and more.
Salaried employees may choose from two PPO medical plans through Anthem BlueCross, including our most popular plan, for which 100% of the premium is paid by Granite for eligible employees and dependents. Employees can also opt into a Health Savings Account (HSA) or a Flexible Spending Account (FSA).
As part of our investment in your future outside of the workplace, Granite provides a 100% match on the first 6% of eligible compensation that salaried employees defer into their 401(k) plans, which vests immediately.
Benefits may vary for positions located outside of the continental United States.Base Salary Range:
$170,897.44 - $256,346.16
Pay may vary based upon relevant experience, skills, location, and education among other factors.About Granite Construction Incorporated
Granite Construction Incorporated is a member of the S&P 400 Index and is the parent company of Granite Construction Company, one of the nation's largest heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers. Granite Construction is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities and a Drug-Free Workplace. For additional information on applicant/employee rights please clickhere.Notice to Staffing Agencies
Granite Construction, Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Granite") will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to Granite, including unsolicited resumes sent to a Granite mailing address, fax machine or email address, directly to Granite employees, or to Granite's resume database will be considered Granite property. Granite will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.Granite will consider any candidate for whom an Agency has submitted an unsolicited resume to have been referred by the Agency free of any charges or fees.
Agencies must obtain advance written approval from Granite's recruiting function to submit resumes, and then only in conjunction with a valid fully-executed contract for service and in response to a specific job opening.Granite will not pay a fee to any Agency that does not have such agreement in place.
Agency agreements will only be valid if in writing and signed by Granite's Human Resources Representative or his/ her designee. No other Granite employee is authorized to bind Granite to any agreement regarding the placement of candidates by Agencies.
This job has expired.