Location: Remote/Project attendance is required
At Ecoplexus (www.ecoplexus.com), we are seeking individuals who have a passion to be part of the renewable energy industry and the change it is bringing, are self starters, creative thinkers, possess the drive to achieve, and have the capacity to assume increasing responsibility in a dynamic growth environment. We are looking for talented self-starters with imagination, creativity and vision. We are a rapidly-growing developer of large solar, wind and energy storage projects serving corporate and utility energy purchasers. We design, build, finance, own and operate projects across the US, Mexico and Asia. Headquartered in San Francisco, Ecoplexus has grown at an annual rate of over 50% per year since its founding in 2009.
The Sr. Project Manager has overall responsibility for the EPC phase of projects, coordinating and working with the Engineering and Procurement staff to ensure these activities remain on schedule, and directly managing the Construction activities to ensure delivering projects on-schedule and on-budget to ensure 100% internal and external customer satisfaction. May manage multiple projects and associated project delivery staff or may be the primary project manager on a single large project in varying regions (5 MW to 100+ MW).
- Responsible for complying and monitoring Company safety and quality goals on assigned projects.
- Responsible for managing key deliverables from design, procurement, construction, budget, and schedule goals of assigned projects, from project inception through project closeout.
- Create, oversee and track all schedule aspects for assigned projects, from pre-approval through project close-out to ensure on-time delivery.
- Manage construction contracts from RFP through contract execution, including tracking deliverables, schedules, payments due, managing change orders, and providing notices or dispute resolution if required.
- Work with the procurement team to order long lead equipment, negotiate and execute the contract associated Purchase Order/ associated invoices.
- Coordinate resource availability and operational needs to ensure achievement of established project goals.
- Manage schedule and cost lifecycle of assigned projects through project closeout
- Negotiate and manage subcontracts and subcontractor change management.
- Direct work of one or more assigned Construction Managers on a per project basis.
- Responsible for effective oversight of multiple subcontractors and temporary leased installation labor.
- Serve as the primary corporate representative to the customer, permitting agencies, and other project personnel.
- Has the ability to stand in for the Construction Manager in his/her absence.
- Adheres to Safety, Quality, Ethical Standards, Lessons Learned, and Performance Management programs in accordance with corporate policies, standards, and contractual commitments.
This position will involve extensive overnight travel throughout the course of the project or based on specified job sites.Education and Experience:
- BS in Engineering, Construction Management, or related discipline preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience in electrical industries, construction or operations.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in project management and/or construction of power generation, solar preferred.
- 3 years of experience in construction contract negotiation and administration.
- Superior project management skills
- Strong process orientation
- Experience negotiating and administering contracts
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Competent in Excel, Word, MS Project, and Google drive
- All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Ecoplexus offers a competitive salary, strong bonus structures, the potential for employee stock options in a growing company, and a benefits program.
Ecoplexus is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer . We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. No third party solicitations will be accepted for this or any other Ecoplexus position.
Check us out at: http://www.ecoplexus.com/about-us/