The Project Manager III plans, manages and provides leadership and direction with project design and implementation and system enhancements and upgrades. Supervises members of project team to ensure timely and accurate completion of project tasks and goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE ROLE
- Plans projects with Analysts and Departments to ensure proper resources and feasibility of projects.
- Identifies and documents project scope and objectives that will allow the project to meet both its long- and short-term goals and objectives.
- Participates in pre- and post-implementation feasibility studies, business planning, and benefit analysis studies as required to ensure that elements of cost, benefit, and risk are identified and considered.
- Identifies staffing, equipment and financial resources required to complete project on-time, within budget and in accordance with short- and long-term objectives.
- Manages large scale, complex and multiple simultaneous projects to ensure quality and timely implementation of information systems.
- Manages work plan and project steps to meet committed time frames and project milestones.
- Monitors project status, provides periodic status reports and resolves project problems and issues in a timely manner.
- Manages vendors for each assigned IS project including accountability for contracts, ensuring vendor compliance and monitoring vendor performance.
- Serves as liaison between end users and project team members as required.
- Oversees and communicates task assignments in a clear and concise manner.
- Supervises the day-to-day activities of team members in an effective, timely and professional manner.
- Prepares schedules, makes job assignments, monitors personnel and maintains appropriate personnel and patient records in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Ensures that project team members adhere to Scott & White and department policies and procedures at all times.
- Identifies and provides opportunities for the staff to develop knowledge, skills, and abilities needed to contribute to the success of the department and/or project.
- Establishes performance goals and expectations for project team members and performs evaluations upon project/milestone completion.
- Serves as a resource for the analyst, application managers and project team members to provide them with the information and guidance needed to complete their tasks successfully.
- Communicates task assignments and due dates in a clear, professional and timely manner.
- Provides information as needed to appropriate people in a clear, professional and timely manner.
- Maintains application knowledge level to provide required information as needed.
- Serves as a contact to senior management to keep the abreast of project progress and to assist with problem resolution.
- Conducts Management Status Reviews to project steering committees or administration on a defined schedule to discuss project status, outstanding issues, and future budget impacts.
- Fulfills continuing education and/or certification requirements to maintain required qualifications and/or knowledge of the technology innovations.
- Remains current with technology trends and innovations by participating in external professional associations and seminars as needed.
- Attends classes for continuing education of current innovations in information technology.
- Participates in mentoring activities and classes provided by Scott & White.
- Researches documentation to gain knowledge and remain current in assigned area.
- Performs other position appropriate duties as required in a competent professional and courteous manner
Specialty/Department/Practice – PMO
Shift/Schedule – Fulltime / Day’s
BENEFITS - Our competitive benefits package includes the following
- Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
- 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
- Tuition Reimbursement
- PTO accrual beginning Day 1
Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or level
- EDUCATION - H.S. Diploma/GED Equivalent
EXPERIENCE - A minimum of 5 years’ experience required
This job has expired.
- A Bachelor's degree (e.g., BA, BS, BSN, BSW) is preferred.
- Health Plan experience Preferred
- Experience leading system wide major Strategic Projects for a large Organization preferred
- PM Certification preferred.