If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center has a great opportunity for a Project Manager, Research Support (Data Science). The Project Manager, Research Support (Data Science) will be responsible for carrying out tasks in accordance with all strategic initiatives and objectives to fulfill the mission and vision of the University of Miami and the Sylvester Comprehensive Cancer Center (Sylvester). Projects will be defined by the Associate Director for Data Science, in collaboration with the Sylvester Director, Project Management (Research Administration). The incumbent in this position will be responsible for all aspects of the project life cycle (initiation, planning, execution, control, and close). The Project Manager will be responsible for assembling project teams, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed and developing schedules to ensure timely completion of projects. The Project Manager takes projects from original concept through final implementation-interfacing with all areas affected by the project including end users, stakeholders and vendors and ensures adherence to quality standards.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong project management and coordination skills with proven problem-solving abilities and experience with different project methodologies related to software and platform development.
- Working knowledge of technology-related initiatives (e.g., platform development, cloud infrastructure, big data) and an understanding of impact to the organization of such initiatives.
- Identifies and evaluates project stakeholders, personas, and use cases; defines project roles and responsibilities.
- Serves as liaison between technical and non-technical teams and vendor/subcontractor organizations, to ensure all project targets and requirements are met.
- Creates and controls all project related documents (e.g., SOPs, Tutorials, FAQs, Newsletters). Responsible for providing and maintaining accurate and timely project information in all project plans, communications, status reporting, and deliverables.
- Analyzes, simplifies, writes, and designs well-organized, high-quality, error-free content to best meet the needs of both internal and external audiences/stakeholders.
- Leads cross-functional project teams by task assignment and follows up to ensure on-time completion.
- Conducts regular project reviews and is responsible for knowing and communicating a project's status accurately throughout the project lifecycle which may include presenting to business/technical steering committees.
- General knowledge of computing and technology principles including hardware infrastructure, networking, software development, and operations.
- Demonstrated experience in software development environment, knowledgeable of software development principles and workflows.
- Aids in the evaluation of problems with workflow, organization, and planning and develops appropriate analytical approaches.
- Maintains multiple protocol books and chronicles manuscript preparation.
- Performs analyses of computerized datasets using standard packages to import, update, and manipulate datasets.
- Presents studies' results at professional scientific meetings and conferences.
- Writes manuscripts and journal articles for peer-reviewed medical journals.
- Ensures that research program objectives are communicated, met, and results are documented.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience and/or certifications may be considered.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience
- Skill in collecting, organizing, and analyzing data.
- Ability to recognize, analyze, and solve a variety of problems.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment in making critical decisions.
- knowledge of software development principles
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to maintain effective interpersonal relationships.
- Knowledge of business and management principles.
- Ability to direct, manage, implement, and evaluate department operations.
- Ability to establish department goals and objectives that support the strategic plan.
- Ability to effectively plan, delegate and/or supervise the work of others.
- Ability to lead, motivate, develop, and train others.
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.