What you'll do...
As a part of the Walmart Supply Chain organization, you will contribute to the success of our Transportation Network! Why? Because Sam Walton founded our company with the belief that the customer is #1. It is not just a belief, but our way of doing business. With our Supply Chain Team at the forefront of retail transformation you can work on a team that is ultimately focused on delighting our customers, saving them both time and money in unexpected ways. As the biggest player in the game, we trust our associates to innovate the future of Supply Chain!
Join our Transportation Procurement team as a Project Manager I. This role will focus on Grocery Dedicated procurement and the continued partnership with our Grocery and Private Fleet operations teams. This is a key support role for the grocery network and will also support Purchased Transportation needs across all networks.
- Requires a very strong relationship management skillset, as the person that fills the role will be expected to become a subject matter expert for supported business units and will also be negotiating with external transportation leaders in the industry
- Needs a strong analytical/technical/optimization skillset as it is responsible for taking historical datasets, RFP data, and future forecasts to make financial decisions for the company.
- Experience managing large budget
- Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy
- Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events
Skillsets most successful in this position
- Relationship Management - ability to build trust with external/external stakeholders
- Analytical Mindset - capable of making wide reaching and impactful financial and operational decisions supported by a technical aptitude to analyze, communicate, and quantify those decisions
- Initiative - works without direction, setting strategies and goals in alignment with internal customers with independence
- Transportation and Supply Chain expertise - serves as internal consultant within supply chain
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or related field (e.g., Engineering, Transportation, Logistics) OR 4 years experience in Supply Chain Management or related field. 1 year experience with database applications (e.g., MS-Office, Excel, Access). Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Bachelors: Computer Engineering, Bachelors: Supply Chain, Bachelors: Transportation Primary Location...
311 NORTH WALTON BOULEVARD, BENTONVILLE, AR 72716, United States of America