Opportunity Awaits at Altus Group!
Altus Group is looking for a Property Tax Consultant to join our Walnut Creek, California office. In this position, you will be responsible for conducting independent property tax analysis of moderate to complex files/cases. You will direct the data collection and initial analysis of junior staff. You will also train new staff on concepts and the specific step-by-step procedures applicable to the tax specialization of each file/case.
- Independently analyze data, prepared by junior staff, for the purpose of complying with statutory filing requirements or analyzing potential tax savings opportunities. Through analysis, determine which assessments should be escalated to appeal & follow through with appeal procedures (informal negotiations with assessors, involving managers as necessary)
- Research of tax code, industry, specific assets and/or jurisdiction requirements
- Present conclusions based on research and provide recommendations to management for course of action on the project
- Preparation of tax returns and related work papers to support the final numbers to be submitted to jurisdictions
- Log and review assessments and tax bills issued for accuracy and identify those that should be appealed
- Provide instruction and training to junior staff, along with review of their work
- Correspond with clients, assessors, and third-party vendors to coordinate projects or transmit/gain data and information or explain methodology
- Bachelor's degree (Accounting, Finance, or other business-related field preferred, but not required)
- 3+ years of relevant personal and/or real property tax consulting experience
- Property tax experience - either personal property or real property and understanding of property valuation concepts
- Working knowledge of commercial properties
- Advanced level Excel skills and analytical skills
- Ability to consolidate and analyze large and complex data sets
- High attention to detail
Come realize your potential at Altus Group!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Applicants with disabilities may contact Altus Group to request and arrange for accommodations. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or . (416) 641-9500