Accountable to ensure that all educational activities related to the use of the Clinical Information Systems is accomplished successfully. Responsible for developing a training plan that encompasses all clinical end-users. In collaboration with members of the Department of Clinical and Medical Informatics, assumes leadership and operational accountability for any and all education associated with the clinical information system. Accountable for monitoring and reporting the completion of ongoing education. Will provide scheduled training sessions for new users, refresher sessions and \"at the elbow\" training/support as needed. Actively promotes process transformation and supports the use of the electronic medical record. Assist end users to effectively manage the system as a tool and understands the benefits of the system.
The Training Coordinator needs to be independent, self-directed and flexible in the scheduling of training sessions and communication methods. They are expected to work with other members of the informatics team in the creation of job aids and training materials.
Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Health
Provides Electronic Health Record (Epic) training and support to physicians and other credentialed members of the HCH/HCGH/HCHN Medical Staff. Works closely with the CMIO, Clinical Informatics Director, Manager, Physician Informatics and the Informatics training coordinator to provide initial and ongoing training to the Medical Staff.
Provides scheduled training sessions for new users.
Supports the Mission of Trinity Health and Holy Cross Health.
Minimum licensure/certification required (if applicable):
Minimum Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Required:
- High School diploma or equivalent (GED). Experience with Electronic Health Records or other clinical information systems preferred.
Working Conditions: Physical Requirements
- Knowledge of Epic product preferred.
- Demonstrates Windows Proficiency, and a basic knowledge of computer operations. Capable of learning computer applications including software simulation tools.
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Manages time and workload to support coaching opportunities.
- Ability to work independently
- Ability, aptitude, and desire to be part of service oriented team.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic understanding of the unique security and privacy needs and requirements of healthcare clinical information and business environments.
- Must be comfortable operating in a collaborative, shared workspace environment.
- Demonstrates competency in oral communication and abilities to focus and redirect persons for active educational purposes.
- Performs other duties consistent with purpose of job as directed.
: Light work. Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg controls requires exertion of forces greater than that for sedentary work and the worker sits most of the time, the job is rated for light work.Visual Acuity
: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.Environmental Conditions
: None. The worker is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions (such as in typical office or administrative work.)
Must have access to transportation to visit the multiple worksites/locations. Expected to work occasional weekends, holidays, and off shifts as needed.Reporting Relationship:
- Direct reporting to Manager, Physician Informatics
Holy Cross Health is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer.Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to Minority/Females/Disabled/Veteran (M/F/D/V) status.Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our world and that these differences often lead to innovative solutions.
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention and development), commitment and accountability, communication, community partnerships, and supplier diversity.
This job has expired.