WellPower provides you with the support you need to help you develop a career in helping others succeed. We innovate, adapt, and leverage the diverse perspectives of the people on our team and the people we serve in everything we do.
WellPower values and is strengthened by diversity. We are committed to ending bias and discrimination in our community and ensuring equity within all aspects of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment, transfer, or promotion opportunities without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Our Public Policy Specialist support the organization's policy and advocacy priorities and endeavors. Help champion and managethe organization's community engagement endeavorsthrough both internal advocacy and external relationship-building. Provides project management and detail-oriented program support in order to bolster WellPower's policy and advocacy activities and inform strategic direction.
Learn more about WellPower:
Pay Range & & Benefits:
$58,811 - $67,112
Wellpower is committed to fair and equitable hiring with salaries based on relevant factors, such as work experience, education, and certification/licensure (rather than wage history). Toward the principle of equal pay for equal work, we post and hire within defined hiring salary ranges. We ask all applicants to carefully review the hiring salary range for each posted job opportunity, as we will not hire outside the predetermined range.
All full-time, benefits eligible employees will be eligible for WellPower's benefits plan. For a full description of benefit offerings, please visit: https://WellPower.org/workplace-of-choice/.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Develop, identify, and coordinate engagement and advocacy strategies to advance behavioral health awareness, access, and health equity
- Collaborate with WellPower staff and lobbyists to advance the organization's public policy presence locally and statewide
- Maintain communication with Colorado Behavioral Healthcare Council and other organizational partners on policy issues
- Lead the organization's Public Policy Team
- Manage internal relationships with staff, facilitating staff involvement in organizational advocacy
- Support external relationships with electeds, community leaders, and organizations to enhance behavioral healthcare advocacy
- Serve as a primary point of contact for WellPower on issues related to advocacy and legislation
- Support WellPower's community engagement work, including tracking and managing community partners as well as state and local affiliates and providing support and resources on building community relations
Requirements & Qualifications:Education:
- Create and present a variety of materials for general and specialized audiences related to behavioral health, health equity and social justice issues and campaigns
- Build and maintain clear lines of communication within the organization and onworkgroups
- Prioritize WellPower's commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusiveness in all workactivities
- Other duties asassigned
A Bachelor's degree in public policy, political science, public health, or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills may be obtained. Knowledge of policymaking and behavioral health care delivery.Experience:
The ideal candidate will have experience in advocacy, grassroots initiatives, and state policy efforts with an interest in behavioral healthcare. Experience developing projects related to healthcare or social justice advocacy and developing advocacy plans, partnerships, and collaborations with and for diverse audience.WORKING CONDITIONS:
May require occasional evening or weekend hours.Local travel in Denver requiringdriving- musthaveaccess to transportation. Tuberculosis (TB) screening, testing - TB screening and testing, is required and must be completed prior to hire ( i.e., preplacement), and maintained during employment
This job has expired.