Postal/Zip Code: []
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction, a part of the CRH Company, is a multi-million dollar heavy highway contractor that was established in 1874, and has multiple asphalt plants, ready mix plants, rock quarries and sand operations in Kansas. Shears is diversified with public, private and commercial work including paving, utility, dirt-grading and concrete flat work. Our valued employees produce quality work and products in a competitive market with safety first at all times. If you are seeking a rewarding career with challenging work, a variety of responsibilities, potential for advancement and looking for benefits of a large corporation with a small company feel, come join our team.
Oldcastle Materials Group/CW Division
Last Revised Date:
This position is a key resource for facilitating the effective ordering of products and services. The Purchasing Clerk will support a variety of employees within the organization. This role will help to clarify needs, evaluate and assist with determining suppliers, generate and place orders, and work closely with the Equipment and Accounts Payable Departments.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Code and approve invoices, as well as, match invoices to delivery tickets.
- Place approved purchases with suppliers and schedule deliveries.
- Interact with service providers to keep dispensing equipment maintained.
- Create work orders in CMMS, provide coding to AP, update meters and close work orders.
- Work with requestors to clarify specifications, provide source alternatives and increase standardization related to an order.
- Work with suppliers and the Sourcing Department to ensure that accurate product/service information is being communicated on orders including pricing, availability, part numbers and delivery.
- Process monthly ordering and work with the Equipment Department to offset inventory.
- Prepare draft purchase orders within the Proactis system.
- Work with requestors to collect, sign, and date packing slips before scanning and receiving in Proactis.
- Expedite and assist with the troubleshooting of orders as needed.
- Assist with Equipment Preventative Maintenance by updating hour meters from vendor invoices.
- Includes daytime, plus evening and weekend phone calls from time to time.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- 1-3 years related experience in Purchasing; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Experience with procurement tools, processes and systems preferred, but not required.
- Experience in mining, construction or manufacturing preferred, but not required.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have strong data entry skills and be proficient in Outlook.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks effectively with a focus on timeliness and responsiveness.
- Capable of utilizing the internet effectively for research and evaluation.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- High standard of ethics, integrity, and trust.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug screening, physical, and criminal background check.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures outlined in Employee Handbook.
- Must display a professional and courteous attitude toward co-workers, supervisors and general public at all times.
- Proven ability to develop relationships and to work with teams as both a leader and a participant.
- Understand the local supply chain related to the products and services being purchased.
- Skilled and accurate in data entry and data research with 10-key operation experience.
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills; building rapport, listening, presenting, giving and receiving feedback.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Able to stand, walk, use hands and fingers to manipulate objects, talk and hear.
- Vision abilities (with correction) include close, distance, peripheral, depth, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The employee is frequently required to sit, and use hands.
- The employee is frequently required to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
- Standard office environment.
- Tempo is fast-paced with deadlines.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. What CRH Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
CRH has a long and proud heritage as one of North America's largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH is a great place to grow! If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH family!
APAC-Kansas, Inc., Shears Construction is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Date Posted: Aug 16, 2021 Nearest Major Market:
Wichita Job Segment:
Clerical, Procurement, Supply, Buyer, Data Entry, Administrative, Operations
This job has expired.