Quality Control Laboratory Technician Trainee
Huntsman's Advanced Materials Division is now searching for a new Quality Control Laboratory Technician Trainee for our plant located in Ashtabula, OH.
As the Quality Control Laboratory Technician Trainee, you will:
Skills and experiences required:
- ALL duties assigned in IMS policies.
- Work under limited supervisor.
- Responsible for performing QC analytical testing according to SOP.
- Required to be qualified on all current QC SOP methods.
- Requires a working knowledge of QC instrumentation and instrumentation software.
- Required to effectively troubleshoot QC laboratory instrumentation.
- Assists with project startup and teardown.
- Requires a basic understanding of chemistry involved with QC methods.
- Requires working knowledge of math and statistics.
- Required to apply standardized methods and best laboratory practices to problem solve.
- Perform SQC's and SPC's as needed. Report all out of control SQC and SPC to QC management.
- Perform QC PM's and Calibrations per SOP. Report all PM's and/or calibrations that Fail, are abnormal, or are out of control to QC management.
- Perform data view on own work.
- Perform QC stability testing.
- Participate in SQC limit qualifications.
- Restock consumables and stores incoming chemicals.
- Quality release incoming Raw Materials and Finish Product.
- Keep laboratory in presentable condition.
- Wash and dry glassware.
- Empty laboratory waste.
- Maintain lab cleanliness.
- Complete laboratory cleaning duties.
- Perform Chemical Hygiene Plan checklist.
- Return in-process samples to the plant daily.
- Comply with QC Retain storage procedures and perform retain room audits as necessary.
- Prepare and standardize reagents and solutions when empty or 1 day prior to expiration .
- Complete QC laboratory inventory as assigned.
- Comply with all Company policies.
- Comply with all Department procedures.
- Support department goals.
- Support companywide goals by providing assistance to production and engineering as requested.
- Requires adherence to positive and collaborative work environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Complete shift change forms.
- Participate in ASTM quarterly testing and test method audits.
- Meet all deadlines associated with primary job function assigned.
- Must have successfully completed initial and annual waste management training and demonstrated competence through knowledge verification.
- RCRA Duties Include:
- Responsible for maintaining area compliant with site waste management procedure.
- Ensure satellite container is properly labeled and managed in compliance with site waste management procedure by performing documented routine inspections of satellite container and area.
- Arrange prompt transfer of full container to 90-day Accumulation area.
- Required Associates Degree of higher and/or previous experience working in a chemical laboratory.
- Demonstrated ability to utilize computers, programs and understand systems.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated multi-tasking skills.
- General office mixed with laboratory/factory environment.
- Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking for up to 35% of the time. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.
- Work is mainly performed within a laboratory/office environment, with standard laboratory equipment available. Factory environment will require compliance with standard PPE requirements.
- Within the general range of an office/laboratory environment.
- Ability to walk or stand for up to three hours at a time.
- Capable of lifting 35 lbs.
Huntsman offers unsurpassed opportunities to build a successful future. Our diverse portfolio creates a range of career fields including manufacturing, research and development, technical services, sales and marketing, customer service - and the list goes on.
Here, you can make an impact and make a difference. Come join us.
Huntsman is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We provides equal employment opportunities (EEO)
to all qualified applicants for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation and/or expression or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have facilities national or local.
Please refer to https://www.huntsman.com/privacy/online-privacy-notice for Company's Data Privacy and Protection information. All unsolicited resumes presented by recruitment agencies are treated as pro bono information or service.
Huntsman is aware of a scam involving fraudulent job offers
. Huntsman does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview. Please be advised that emails from Huntsman always end in "@huntsman.com" and that any job offer that requires payment or requires you to deposit a check is likely a scam. If you have questions about any open positions at Huntsman, please visit our Careers website at http://www.huntsman.com/corporate/a/Careers.
This job has expired.