This job has expired.
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection, verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878, SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity. With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products and services.
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your full potential.
The Quality Assurance Specialist 1 is responsible for assisting management with the maintenance of the Quality Systems at SGS. Assignments are generally provided by a Team Leader or Manager. The Quality Assurance Specialist 1 must be sensitive to the demanding regulatory compliance requirements attending to the operation of a pharmaceutical testing laboratory. This job also requires the ability to demonstrate a high commitment to interpersonal relations.
This position presents the employee with an opportunity to contribute first-hand to the process of providing quality data to SGS customer base.
The Quality Assurance Specialist 1 in the Quality Assurance Unit at SGS Life Science Services reports to Quality Assurance Management.
At all times, comply with SGS Code of Integrity and Professional Conduct, and to conduct all our testing to the highest level of cGMP compliance.
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES TO CUSTOMERS
• Ensure that all customer requests for information pertaining to SGS services are met in a timely and effective manner.
• Help in the documentation and resolution of customer complaints.
• Issue Certificate of Analyses in a timely manner
• Review and approval of method transfer and validation reports
• Host customer audits of the laboratory
SERVICE RESPONSIBILITIES TO INTERNAL CUSTOMERS
• Play a role in Departmental or company-wide projects designed to improve the internal efficiency and overall quality of work performed at the laboratory.
• Play a role in creating and maintaining an atmosphere of teamwork throughout the laboratory.
• Provide support in the maintenance of Quality Assurance processes, such as OOS investigations, deviation reporting, vendor approval, internal audits, trending, and other quality systems as directed by Quality management.
• This may include reviewing online audit trail, undelete log, computerized systems backup activities, assist in monitoring list of change controls to ensure timely completion, Project Binder, SOP maintenance and other support activities within QA and CSV group.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of all general SOPs pertaining to the laboratory.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of GMP/GLP/ISO requirements as these pertain to work performed in the laboratory.
• May be invited to participate in the preparation and review process for appropriate department SOPs, worksheets and data forms.
• Adherence to relevant SOPs governing documentation and reporting.
• Compliance with applicable SOPs related to the handling of customer complaints.
• Adherence to applicable personnel policies regarding time clock, telephones, sick days, vacation days, etc.
• Participation in general staff training sessions as these are scheduled.
• Approve and issue Certificate of Analysis and sign on cGMP related reports.
• Associate or B.S. in Chemistry, Biology, Microbiology or equivalent experience required.
• 0-2 years of experience preferably in Life Sciences IT supporting cGMP Operations.
• Thorough knowledge of scientific principles required.
• Job requires mobile use of hands and arms. Reasonable accommodations will be made for persons with disabilities.
• Must be capable of working at a desk and computer terminal for up to three hours at a time, and for up to eight hours on a given day.
Posted 16 minutes ago
Posted 12 minutes ago
Posted 9 minutes ago