SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing, and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 94,000 employees SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
Quality Assurance Specialist needed in fast past contract testing laboratory to perform the functions of data review and maintaining and implementation of quality system.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
QualificationsEDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Required:
- Responsible for the quality system and its implementation.
- Functions independently from the laboratory operations where QA oversight is provided.
- Evaluate data objectively and perform assessments without outside influence.
- Maintains knowledge of NELAC, ISO, GMP, and other quality systems as required by clients and regulatory authorities.
- Maintains general knowledge of analytical methods for which data review is performed.
- Maintain copies of all Standard Operating Procedures, Forms, and Work Instructions and determine that no deviations are made without proper authorization and documentation.
- Final Review and Approval of Analytical Records.
- If requested, review final reports to assure the reported results accurately reflect the raw data.
- Responsible for out of specification investigations, corrective actions, and non-conformances.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- Graduated from a recognized four-year college with specialization in science
- However, professional experience in chemistry or quality control may be substituted on a year for year basis for the desired education
N/AKNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
Language Skills: Ability to understand and communicate with coworkers with vocabulary knowledge of general laboratory equipment and analytical units.
- Mathematical Skills: Basic skills needed for data analysis
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate skill needed
- Computer Skills: Ability to use basic word processing, email and spreadsheet programs
- High level of detail needed for this job.
- Travels up to 5% of time. Some travel might be international.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOBPhysical/Sensory Demands Frequency Requirements:
- Analytical Balances,
- ICP-MS, ICP-OES, IC
- Desk Job/Sitting - Frequently
- Walking around laboratory and sample receipt - Partial
- No special vision requirements other than the ability to see color
Environmental Conditions Requirements:
- No special auditory requirements
- Work near moving mechanical pats - Frequently
- Fumes or airborne particles - Occasionally
- Toxic or caustic chemicals - Frequently
- Vibration - Occasionally
- Bio-hazard - Occasionally
- Moderate noise (examples: business office with computers and printers, light traffic)
This job has expired.