The Quality Control Supervisor assists in the development, implementation, and coordination of the quality control program to prevent or eliminate defects in new or existing products.
- Responsible for direct reports ensuring they are performing laboratory testing in accordance with company SOP’s as well as cGMP’s and GLP’s.
- Develops the teams skill by identifies strengths and addressing goals.
- Recommends and presents disciplinary actions when required.
- Understands testing and procedures within Quality Control.
- Routine customer interaction for scheduling of testing.
- Responsible for additional assigned laboratory duties such as maintaining an inventory of consumable supplies as well as delegating.
- Ensures laboratory instrumentation logbooks are kept current.
- Performs work in accordance with general and specific safety precautions.
- Review logbooks to ensure compliance to SOP’s and cGMP’s.
- Works in a fast paced, moderately stressful environment. Adherence to project deadlines is critical
- Good communication skills to interact routinely with other departments.
- Oversees the departmental training of new employees for 2nd shift.
- Experienced with the operation and theory of the majority of instrumentation within Quality Control, including the HPLC, GC, UV, AA, etc.
- Able to perform maintenance on instrumentation such as replacement of consumable items such asHPLC replacement tubing, seals, etc.
- Replacement and alignment of lamps and general system cleaning.
- Replacement of syringe, Septa, Jets, Liners
- Advanced trouble-shooting skills with the ability to recognize methodology deficiencies.
- Perform internal audits on laboratory areas to ensure cGMP compliance/SOP.
- Assists in the investigation of deviation reports and OOS reports.
- Assists with the implementation and training of new and revised SOP’s.
- Carries out shift supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Company Overview Who we are?
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences (e.g., Chemistry, Microbiology, Biology, Biochemistry) or Pharmacy from an accredited four-year college or university required.
- Two to five years' experience related to the pharmaceutical manufacture, specializing in sterile dosage forms.
- Prior leadership preferred.
Aside from being a pharmaceutical industry leader with deep roots in the eye care community, Akorn has proven through the years, to be a company of clear vision. A vision of what it takes to continually develop and evolve in order sustain our mission, which is to improve patients' lives through the quality, availability and affordability of our products. Along with developing and manufacturing branded and generic ophthalmics, Akorn manufactures injectable, oral liquid, optic, topical, inhalant, and animal health products. To learn more please visit our website atwww.Akorn.com. Why choose us?
Akorn employees are modern day superheroes! That might sound like an exaggeration; however, when you think of it, superheroes help those in need. That is exactly what we do here at Akorn. If you choose to work with us, you are not choosing to work an ordinary job. You are choosing to make an impact in this world. You are choosing to have a career with purpose. If you are seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a difference for others, then put on your cape and join the team!!What do we offer?
- Competitive pay
- Growth and development opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 3 weeks PTO + Personal Days
- 9 company holidays
- 401K match
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefit Options
- 100% Paid Maternity Leave
- Fast paced, family-oriented work environment
- Wellness Program
- Inclusive and diverse culture
- Adoption Assistance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Akorn, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and takes pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.
This job has expired.