Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson Industrial Coating Systems (ICS) designs equipment our global customers rely on for the precise application and curing of liquid paint, powder finishes, container barrier coatings and ambient temperature adhesives and sealants. Production lines work smarter with custom engineered robotic solutions from Nordson Industrial Coating Systems.
The primary responsibility of the Quality Engineer is to provide hands-on quality leadership in a production/ manufacturing work environment. Duties will involve a variety of tasks but not limited to: performing quality checks using company provided tools, blueprint reading/ interpretation, problem solving, and taking corrective action to assigned products or areas, receiving quality hold materials through SAP.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Responsible for physical inspection process for vended and internally produced materials including, but not limited to: measurements using GD&T principles, calibration of instrumentation used for measurements, and associated documentation.
- Resolution of internal and external complaints stemming from perceived quality issues, engaging key stakeholders and utilizing DMAIC tool set.
- Support Quality Management System, coordinating internal audit system, interacting with external Register, and reporting to senior management as necessary.
- Follow all safety and housekeeping procedures.
- Conformance to production and administrative procedures.
- Enhancement of existing processes.
- Ensures that all work satisfies the requirements of the company's Quality Manual, with particular emphasis on Design Control Regulations.
- Serve as the key facility-level CAPA Review Board member to ensure timely Corrective and Preventative Actions (CAPA) progress and closure
- Responsible for ensuring product quality, safety and effectiveness, and conduct of failure investigations of customer complaints, as required.
- Establishes and executes the annual site-level Quality Plan for the Wixom, MI facility in accordance with the Corporate Quality Plan
- Responsible for maintaining the Quality data sources and leading appropriate risk-based actions when required
- Ensure that operational quality data is used to evaluate and identify that the current level of controls are adequate and appropriate
- Ensure that the quality system is adequate to control the functions of the facility including but not limited to the control of production, equipment, and environments.
- Must be able to communicate with leaders and work well with others in a team environment.
- Interacts with customer and supplier companies in a professional manner; proactively communicates with them to ensure an ongoing two-way exchange of information.
- Intervenes and contributes to successful resolution of technical issues when they arise.
- Experience in Quality Project Leadership preferred.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
PREFERRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Quality Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Excel/ MS platforms
- GD&T or machining background
WORKING CONDITIONS & PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Technical Ability - effectively apply written/verbal instructions from procedures, documents and blueprints, etc.
- Ability to Learn - assimilating and apply new, job-related information in a timely manner
- Adaptability - maintaining effectiveness in a changing environment, assignments, responsibilities and/or priorities
- Physical Dexterity - ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Consistent attendance required
- Quality Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of manufacturing, machining, and assembly plant processes
- SAP QM or similar MRP/ ERP experience preferred
- GD&T or machining background preferred
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in blueprint reading, interpretation and manual part measurement using tools such as calipers, depth gauges & go/ no go gauges.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to lead diverse and cross functional teams
- Ability to work independently with initiative to achieve personal and business goals/ metrics.
Production environment. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.TRAVEL REQUIRED -
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.Third party recruiters and agencies should not contact employees of Nordson or its subsidiaries directly. Any resumes sent to a hiring manager or submitted to Nordson employees are considered unsolicited and property of Nordson. Nordson will not pay a placement fee unless the agency or recruiter has a signed contract with Nordson's Human Resources department in advance of submitting a candidate for consideration. Verbal and written approvals will not be considered a valid contract for service.
This job has expired.