Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly obtain and test samples of products, systems and/or process solutions to verify suitability.
- Make chemical additions to process tanks to ensure product quality.
- Follow-up on unusual test results to determine the nature of the non-conformance and correct.
- Maintain and utilize Chem. Lab database.
- Perform spectrochemical analysis on wire for alloy verification and/or type checks.
- Perform atomic absorption analysis for determination of residual levels.
- Perform necessary analysis on returned material to verify customer complaint.
- Prepare traceability reports for investigations.
- Generate corrective actions and prepare corresponding reports, as necessary.
- Prepare wire and rod samples for metallographic examination.
- Perform product and process audits, as necessary.
- Approve or reject material, both in-process and finished product, based on analysis results.
- Conduct wire processing experiments.
- Participate on company teams including lean, safety, and others as required.
- Monitor and order lab supplies if necessary.
- Work with production to help identify and correct any non-conformances.
- Observe all safety rules.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Perform other tasks and duties assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual bust be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience: Must have previous experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment.
Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra, geometry, and stoichiometry.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables in situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: None
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, climb steps and work on elevated platforms. A tricycle is provided for employees to efficiently travel to various locations in the facility while transporting testing equipment and supplies. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms. In the testing process, the employee will be handling wire as well as containers containing chemicals and process concentrations. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and depth perception.
This job has expired.