Collaboration drives Nordson's success as a market leader in Industrial Precision Solutions and Advanced Technology. Our employees thrive in an environment where we help each other reach our personal best and enable our company to continuously improve and grow, and our customers to succeed. You will find Nordson employees sharing our success by giving back in the communities around the world where we live and work.
Nordson MEDICAL designs, engineers and manufactures complex devices and components with applications in wound healing, surgical and minimally invasive, fluid management, pulmonology and interventional and structural heart. Our pioneering Advanced Polymers team was the first to manufacture and supply medical balloons to the medical device industry. Nordson MEDICAL works with doctors, start-ups and large medical companies around the world at any point in the product lifecycle, from concept to launch and beyond.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Education and Experience
- Work inside a controlled environment. Ensure cleanliness of QC areas and properly handle materials.
- Verify conformance of in-process and finished assemblies, verify completeness and accuracy of device history records.
- Verify accuracy of labeling and certification content to part and job requirements.
- Verify incoming material and documentation meets purchasing requirements and material specifications.
- Routinely use microscopes to aid visual inspection.
- Measure parts using micrometer, caliper, video CMM, stage micrometer/toolmakers scope, and other test and measurement equipment as required.
- Perform first article inspections to specifications.
- Collect data, summarize, analyze, and perform basic statistical analysis on results.
- Assist with or perform test method validations
- Complete engineering change product disposition tasks.
- Work with engineers on new product development
- Manage activity schedule. Practice FIFO with minimal deviation.
- Interface with enterprise systems (Epicor, Grand Avenue) and MS Outlook.
- Comply with all applicable Nordson policies and procedures and maintain training.
- Train others on procedures within the Quality Control lab
- Be an independent reviewer.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma required, 2-year technical degree preferred.
- 4 years or more experience working in a medical device manufacturing environment or laboratory environment.
- Knowledge of Quality Systems, FDA regulations, and ISO 13485.
- Prior material inspection work experience is preferred but not required.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- Ability to interpret drawings and specifications.
- Working knowledge of MS Word and MS Excel.
- Strong organizational and follow-up skills
- Multitasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in a timely manner.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Travel Required
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Nordson Corporation provides equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. No person is to be discriminated against in any aspect of the employment relationship due to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, citizenship status, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening and background/criminal check, consistent with applicable laws.
This job has expired.