It's more than a career, it's a calling.
MO-SSM Health St. Mary's Hospital - St. Louis
Takes x-rays of designated parts of the human body for diagnostic purposes and provides support for the imaging department. This position only performs plain films and fluoro.
Job Responsibilities and Requirements:
- Explains procedures to patient to ensure understanding. Provides appropriate educational material.
- Transports patients to and from clinical areas and verifies patient identity according to policies and procedures. Assists technologists with preparing patient for radiology exam by positioning the patient for the procedure.
- Assists technologists with filing, delivering and retrieving patient reports and charts, matching films to folders, and delivery of reports to patient units/physicians.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines. Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity. Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning. Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel. Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- May perform limited CT procedures in emergent situations when CT Technologist is not on site.
- Works in a constant state of alertness and safe manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Licenses / Certifications:
- Constant standing and walking.
- Frequent use of vision and depth perception for distances near (20 inches or less) and far (20 feet or more).
- Frequent use of hearing and speech to share information through oral communication.
- Frequent use of hearing to distinguish body sounds and/or hear alarms, malfunctioning machinery, etc.
- Frequent lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent lifting/moving of patients.
- Frequent reaching, gripping and keyboard use/data entry.
- Occasional lifting/carrying and pushing/pulling objects weighing 25-50 lbs.
- Occasional use of vision to identify and distinguish colors.
- Occasional bending, stooping, squatting, twisting and repetitive foot/leg and hand/arm movements.
- Rare kneeling and sitting.
Basic Life Support HealthCare Provider (BLS HCP) - American Heart Association (AHA), FUTURE - ARRT-R Radiography within 6 months - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Radiographer, Licensed - Wisconsin Department of Safety and Professional Services, Radiography (R) Certification and Registration - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT), Radiologic Technologists - Illinois Emergency Management Agency (IEMA)Work Shift:
Variable Shift (United States of America)Job Type:
42020100 RadiologyScheduled Weekly Hours:
SSM Health complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
Learn more here
This job has expired.