Independently performs diagnostic x-ray examinations on all patient populations and all care settings within Adventist Healthcare system including the administration of oral contrast materials when appropriate. Works collaboratively with other members of the care team to expedite patients' examinations while maintaining excellent patient relations and demonstrating our Values.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Performs diagnostic imaging studies. Properly identifies patients, reviews orders and selects diagnostic x-ray protocol in order to maximize quality and safe patient care.
- Receive patients, explains procedures and answers all patient questions and concerns pertaining to the exam.
- To be able to perform a variety of special imaging examinations using established or dictated protocols and perform bone density scans.
- Accurately performs documentation in all computer systems applicable to diagnostic x-ray (HIS, RIS, PACS)
- To be able to reconstruct images, films as well as process films using an automatic film processor and for laser camera.
- Operates imaging and other related equipment according to the manufacturer's specifications.
- Monitors and assists patients, before during and after examinations.
- Knowledgeable and practices ALARA principles including proper shielding of patients.
- Complete appropriate charge slips.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment
- Maintain patient, hospital and employee confidentiality. To be able to provide quality care to patients of varying categories, i.e., pediatrics, geriatric and adolescent patients.
- To perform quality control and maintain pertinent local, state and federal records as applicable to different sections.
- Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served on his/her assigned unit.
- Asses date reflective of each patient's status and interprets information needed in order to identify each patient's age requirements relative to his/her age-specific healthcare needs.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Strong customer service & critical thinking skills
- Actions and attitudes support our mission and values.
- Effective verbal and written skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Basic PC skills including RIS/PACS experience
High School Diploma or GED, and Graduate of an AMA/JRCERT Accredited school of Radiography.
Administrative supervision is received from Office Manager. Functional supervision is received on a case by case basis from the attending physician or registered nurse.
This job has expired.