Position Title: Refugee Program Wellness Manager (LCSW)
Reports To: Greensboro Office Director
Division: Immigration & Refugee Program+ (IRP+)
Department: Greensboro IRP
Job Location: Greensboro, NC
Grade Level: 8
FLSA & Union Status: þExemptþNon-Bargaining
Introduction: Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit, faith-based organization transforming communities around the globe through just and sustainable solutions to hunger, poverty, displacement, and disaster. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, age, disability, or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
Primary Purpose:The Refugee Program Wellness Program Manager coordinates mental and physical health services including oversight of intake, internal/external referrals, and operationalizing program initiatives. The position directly provides individual and family therapy to refugee clients, serves as a resource to staff and external stakeholders, and provides information on navigating mainstream mental health services.
- Coordinate wellness intake & assessments for all incoming clients
- Make appropriate internal and external referrals for clients based on their needs and goals
- Provide individual and family counseling to refugee clients when appropriate
- Supervise the Refugee Health and Intensive Case Management program staff
- Provide MSW practicum, BSW practicum, and clinical supervision as needed.
- Serve as a resource to staff on issues that impact the wellness of the refugee population
- Develop and refine CWS Greensboro’s refugee mental health programs to respond to the needs of refugee clients.
- Design initiatives to address issues impacting refugee wellness such as trauma, interpersonal violence, and substance abuse.
- Begin development of a hybrid pro-bono and fee-for-service counseling program that will bill Medicaid and private insurances.
- Performs other related duties as requested.
- Works occasional evening/weekend hours on occasion as required based on client needs.
Education & Experience: Master’s degree in a clinical program required. Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW), Licensed Clinical Professional Counselor (LCPC) or Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) designation is required within 1 year of hire.
Other Skills: The successful candidate must have experience delivering mental health services to culturally and linguistically diverse populations.
- Experience in program management, supervision, and medical case management preferred.
- Deep knowledge of medical and mental healthcare services in the Triad (Greensboro, High Point, Winston Salem) area is preferred.
- Proficient in Psychological First Aid and de-escalation strategies, and able to provide crisis intervention with high-risk clients.
- Proficiency in navigating data systems including HIPAA-compliant data management platforms, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem-solving skills, including the ability to develop and follow through with practical solutions.
- Excellent organizational, networking, and communication skills.
- Excellent spoken and written English required. Additional language skills (especially in languages commonly spoken by refugees) are an asset.
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion and willingness to support CWS’ Platform on Racial Justice as a CWS employee required.
- Communicate detailed and/or technical information clearly, in writing and orally.
- Speak publicly with defined constituencies regarding specific assigned topics.
- Anticipate constituent needs and interests and take proactive steps to respond to them.
- Promote “transparency of information” by sharing relevant information with staff and other stakeholders while protecting client confidentiality.
- It is required to maintain full COVID Vaccination status.
- This is an in-person position located in Greensboro, North Carolina
- The successful candidate must be computer literate, with proficiency in MS Office and internet applications.
- The successful candidate must pass a background check.
- Must be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- This position is primarily in the office and community.
- During busy times other duties may be assigned.
CWS’ U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new staff to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as soon as reasonable, no longer than 60 days of employment. Any employee who is pregnant, who is nursing, who has a disability, or who has a medical condition that prevents them from safe vaccination, or who rejects vaccination because of sincerely held religious beliefs, may contact the CWS Benefits Administrator to request reasonable accommodation as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).CWS offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
• 403 (b) Retirement Plan
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off
• Life Insurance and AD&D
• Long Term and Short Term Disability
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Health Savings Account
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Commuter Benefits
This job has expired.