The Regional Buyer role for Ardagh is a key position within the procurement department responsible for purchasing activities within a designated segment of Ardagh's glass plants across NA. You will also lead fast pace and dynamic indirect spend categories, such as MRO (Industrial supplies, fasteners, motors, pumps, belts, chains, electrical supplies, lubricants, coatings, etc.), and service-related sub-categories for North America.
Minimum skills / qualifications:
- Responsible for local, facility services and MRO spend, with a strategic focus on MRO.
- Leads and supports plant storeroom buyers with monthly KPI's.
- Identifies and develops opportunities and synergies within the segment for local spend by extracting and analyzing data to access trends and gaps.
- Develops sourcing strategies that improve cost, lead times, working capital, payment terms, and transparency of spend.
- Supports Global procurement and the Category Management Team in implementing sourcing strategies at the plant level to achieve the groups objectives and the plants supply needs.
- Negotiates spot purchases and agreements to achieve cost savings and avoidance.
- Carries out and educates internal/external customers on Ardagh's procurement policies, procedures, operating systems and the P2P (procure to pay) process.
- Proactively resolves issues relating to supply shortages, quality concerns, budget impacts, and invoice reconciliation.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key plant operations personnel and any other relevant stakeholders both internal and external.
Preferred skills / qualifications:
- Ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a bachelor's degree in Engineering or a Business-related field.
- Must have 3 years' experience in Operations, Supply Chain and Procurement
- Knowledge of plant purchasing and all levels of the P2P process
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Broad knowledge of indirect procurement categories & commodities, and capital expenditures.
- Interpersonal skills to work within a fast-paced team environment.
About Ardagh Group
- Proficient in SAP and COUPA
- Proficient in creating dashboards and formatting data in Power BI
- Able to create P2P process maps, procuredures and best practices
- Established a sourcing strategy for an MRO category
Ardagh Group is a global leader in metal and glass packaging solutions, producing packaging for the world's leading brands. We trace our roots all the way back to the Irish Glass Bottle Company, founded in 1932. Since then we have grown rapidly to a team of more than 16,000 people with revenues of almost $7 billion.
Today we have a presence across Europe and the Americas.
• Did you know that Ardagh produce many of the beverage cans and bottles you drink your favorite beverages from?
• Did you know we produce metal and glass packaging which are permanent materials, meaning they can be infinitely recycled without any loss of quality?
• Did you know we produce more than 160 million containers per day?
Ardagh is passionate about sustainability and have a reputation for innovation. We push the boundaries of what's possible, pioneering new production methods, new design techniques and new ways to recycle and save energy.
Our aim is to reduce any negative environmental impact while remaining economically sustainable and socially responsible.
We believe that the success of our business depends on the success of our people.
We strive to create working environments where our employees feel valued, can work to their full potential, and where their achievements are celebrated.
Here at Ardagh, we offer exciting and rewarding opportunities for talented and creative people. If you have ambition and want to make an impact with your career, come and join our team, you'll enjoy the journey!
Ardagh Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO)/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.Nearest Major Market: