About the Company
AEG Vision ("AEG") is the market-leading manager of full-scope optometry practices throughout the country. The optometry practices under management maintain the local brand, practice staff, store associates, and patients, while AEG invests in medical equipment, technology, infrastructure, and the team in order to elevate the patient experience. AEG's core purpose is to "improve the health of our community by helping our neighbors see better and look their best, one patient at a time." We are assembling a team of experienced industry professionals to help build AEG into the best place to work and ensure that each patient of the practices under management has an outstanding patient experience.
About the Job
The Regional Director (RD) is responsible for driving top line sales, increasing margins, controlling payroll expenses and increasing profitability to meet the Company's overall business objectives of providing professional eye exams, competitive prices, quality product selection, acceptance of vision insurance plans and remarkable customer service. The RD's territory can include up to 35 locations and spread across different AEG brands.
The RD's primary objective is to meet company targets and expectations on revenue, key performance indicators (KPIs), profitability, and Net Promoter Score. This will be accomplished by being a champion of our people-development processes through coaching, mentoring and performance management.
Maximizes Team Performances:
- Applies leadership, creative thinking, and analytical skills to improve districts' sales & profit performance, and is an expert in solving operational issues.
- Builds effective teams that work collaboratively to achieve results. Addresses the district's unique strengths and challenges.
- Establishes a clear objective for store managers, communicates expectations with clarity, and sets high standards of expectations for performance of the "end results". Sets the standard for remarkable customer/patient service.
- Has an eye for talent. Recruits and hires high caliber people from outside the organization
- Works closely with the Regional Vice President (RVP) with the objective of achieving and exceeding financial plans for the districts and region.
- Creates a culture of success through mentoring and coaching.
Strives to achieve all targets set in the following areas:
- Remarkable Customer Service Scores
- Sales to Plan
- Payroll Expense to Plan
- Store Operating Profit to Plan
- Exam Growth and Patient Retention
- Leads the partnership with O'D's in the district/region. Responsible for ensuring appropriate staffing coverage, walk-ins, competitive professional fees and hours or operations. Responsible for recruiting O.Ds with partnership of RVP.
- Marshals resources to get tasks done efficiently. Can orchestrate many activities at once to accomplish the goal of driving sales through remarkable customer service.
- Ensures the Daily Sales are reviewed first thing, to see winners and losers from the previous day & WTD. Determines, through analysis, the factors causing poor performance (i.e. competition, staffing, doctor coverage, etc.)
- Assesses the competition; is aware of strategies and tactics in their marketplace; able to develop action-based strategies. Conducts regular visits to competitors & completes competitive shopping reports
- Ensures AEG standards, including remarkable customer service, store standards, and stock levels are being met. May require weekends and evenings to meet the needs of the business.
- Analyzes the store's, district's financial data and makes recommendations regarding steps which can be implemented on the retail and O.D side of the business to improve profitability.
- Responsible for submitting plans, strategies and ideas for developing business and achieving sales plan
- Reinforces the Store Selling Strategy (SERVE) and reviews the district's, store's and each individual's results through regular & consistent store visits and measurements.
- Analyzes all key business measurements (KPIs) and works with the store managers to achieve optimal results and to meet targets.
- Exercises flexibility with change management
- Effectively manages payroll and incentive plans to meet payroll hours guidelines and payroll % of sales for districts.
- Protects company assets through loss prevention and expense efficiencies.
- Knows how the business works, knowledgeable in current policies, identifies new business opportunities, as well as negatives that are impacting and affecting business.
- Relates well with a diverse array of people both internally and externally. Builds constructive and effective relationships; uses tact; common sense; good judgment and can diffuse high tension situations comfortably.
- Leads a high achieving team. Leads the store management teams in raising store standards, developing people, communicating effectively (both verbal and written), and fostering an entrepreneurial spirit of the business. Ensure the districts are fully staffed at all times with remarkable "mission capable people".
- Partners with O.Ds on business plans and growth opportunities for the stores.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills- Provides clear, constructive direction and feedback to team regarding policies, accountabilities, and performance expectations.
- Ensures an open communication exists that allow for the sharing and reception of new ideas from the managers and associates in the store.
Develops Self and Others:
- Provides challenging and stretch assignments; hold frequent development discussions with store managers.
- Effectively copes with change and shifts gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture.
- Effectively coaches, mentors, trains, motivates, and counsels the store management team to obtain optimum performance.
- Conducts training development with-in the region to provide remarkable customer service.
- Ensures the store managers are supporting the development of associates through New
- Hire Training and on-going companywide training initiatives.
- Attracts, develops and retains top talent for the district.
- Recognizes areas of achievement and areas of opportunities. Conducts all annual Store
- Manager performance reviews and partners with the Store Managers on associate reviews.
- 5 years multi store supervision
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel , Word and Power Point
Between 50% and 75%
This job has expired.