PCS - National is seeking candidates for a Growth Leader. This role is open to all locations in the Southeast.
What can you expect?
What is in it for you?
- The ideal candidate will be recognized within the organization as a thought leader and innovator in their area of expertise. One who will leverage their curiosity and learning agility to develop a strong understanding of, and ability to articulate, the value proposition of MMC's four operating companies as well as the strategic advantages and value proposition of the MMA PCS - National offering, across all channels and segments.
- Strong personal brand/presence in their marketplace with an established network of influencers and referral sources.
- Influence strategic business decisions as part of the PCS - National Sales Leadership team.
- This individual will report to the Zone Leader in their region and will matrix to the PCS National Sales Leader.
- In the first 90 days will focus on building key stakeholder relationships, internally and externally, understanding the key resources within the sales organization, identifying capability gaps, and develop specific plans to address those gaps
- Educate, challenge and develop Sales Leader colleagues to nurture our ambition of being the Employer of Choice in our space. PCS - National is a team sport and the role is that of a hands-on player/coach.
What job specific responsibilities will the candidate be performing?
- A business with the most respected brand and dynamic growth platform in the private client segment. PCS- National has been serving the most sophisticated affluent individuals and families in the USA for over 4 decades
- A parent company that is recognized as a leader in every operating business and has a long track record of strong financial performance
- A business that is actively investing for growth with a determination to build the industry's most dynamic platform for private client specialists to practice their trade and build THEIR career.
- A culture of collaboration and valued partnership throughout the 340+ PCS - National organization
- Competitive Pay (salary and performance bonus potential) & Top Benefits - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, etc.)
What qualifications are necessary to have for the role?
- This individual owns their region's New Business plan and ensures their team members work towards achieving those goals.
- Brings to the role a strong understanding of the market opportunity and develops a strategy to maximize growth in their marketplace through successful recruiting, onboarding and development of Sales Leaders in critical growth markets.
- Monitors individual team members' performance and administers performance reviews and career consultations to cultivate a successful and proficient team.
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies, and programs to maintain a healthy pipeline of new business. Able to assist and play a hands on role in leading/driving complex prospect opportunities along with broader pursuit team.
- Collaborates with Zone Client Advisory Leaders (and other regional client advisory resources) on new sales initiatives and strategies to ensure proper resource alignment, adequate capacity, role assignment, etc.
- Drive active and strategic engagement of Sales Leaders and Business Development Executives with Zone Client Advisory Leaders, Client Advisor Managers and Client Advisors to help drive retention and expansion goals of the business relative to Sales Leaders and Business Development Executive's sourced books of business.
- Maintain effective cadence of review with regional sales team to ensure pipeline health and accuracy within CRM.
- Support sales campaigns by managing and monitoring leads and opportunities in the CRM system, working in close collaboration with counterparts in marketing and the PCSN Sales Operations leader.
- Works alongside the Zone Client Advisory Leader and marketing teams on customer/prospect/referral source email journeys and campaigns.
- Organizes, attends, speaks and presents at industry association meetings with sponsor solutions groups and acts as a prominent, contributing member to expand and maintain a large professional network, gain industry/market exposure and to positively represent the Company and its offerings.
- Coaches team on identifying, marketing, selling and closing complex, high risk and nuanced business deals and acts as the mentor and advisor for a medium-sized team located in a large/dense region or representing a prolific industry.
- Leverages experience and credibility to assist with sales meetings in partnership with a sales professional for particularly nuanced or high risk accounts.
- Defines and effectively communicates sales target metrics and priorities to direct reports and monitors progress against metrics to ensure team and personal performance are maintained and suitable in accordance with business expectations.
- Directs recruitment processes for own team by identifying candidates, conducting interviews, and deciding and negotiating aspects of the value proposition package.
- Responsible for identifying growth territories or targeted areas to develop market share within the Zone working directly with the Zone Leader, National Sales Leader and carrier partners on territory expansion opportunities and targeted growth areas.
What makes you stand out?
- Expert level knowledge of high net worth client segment.
- Minimum of fifteen years of experience in the private client segment with at least five years as a manager of multiple teams
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and an ability to speak clearly to one's track record of success
- Confident communicator and experienced coach and mentor who thrives in a servant leadership culture where success is defined by how well your team performs and develops
- Exceptional sales acumen
- Team first /enterprise view
- Recognized in the industry as having deep/unique sales management expertise and relationships across primary insurers as well as reinsurers in the personal lines/private client industry
- Owns the execution of group strategy and the operational direction of the Department.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across an organization to build consensus on strategic priorities, execute/implement programs and drive success at all levels of the organization.
- Has built high performing sales organizations, leveraged technology to strengthen customer relationships and accelerate growth.
- Has managed a sales team or small unit that includes multiple teams led by Managers and/or Supervisors.
- Established network of relationships with carriers serving the private client and personal lines segments
- Evidence of being self-motivated and accountable and willing to put in the extra effort
Marsh McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States through four primary business lines: Business Insurance, Employee Health & Benefits, Private Client Services (PCS) and Retirement Services. MMA has over 8,000 employees in nearly 120 locations, with access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh McLennan (MMC) parent company banner. Sister companies include Marsh, Mercer, Oliver Wyman and Guy Carpenter amongst others.
Private Client Services - National is part of a broader MMA PCS platform that includes a national footprint of over 100 local offices and a team of more than 850 experienced professionals.PCS - National, previously known as Marsh PCS, is a pioneer in the high net worth insurance space. Established as a dedicated practice of Marsh in 1980, PCS is a rapidly growing 340+ colleague organization under Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA).The leader of PCS - National serves as the overall Practice Leader for MMA PCS as well.
Today, we hold the largest share of premium in the high net worth personal lines insurance market space yet we are far from satisfied. In fact, we have the growth mindset and agility of a start-up and are seeking to add to our industry leading team. If you are talented, smart and driven, and looking to join a team that values creativity, diversity and imagining the art of the possible, come check us out. We are determined to redefine the colleague and client experience in the HNW space as we leap into the future. Come help us Make Extraordinary Possible!
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.