Registered Nurse - Outpatient; $30,000 Sign On*, $15,000 Relocation, and Retention Bonus Eligible
The vision: Through Native Self-Determination and Culturally Relevant Health Systems, we strive to be the healthiest people.
At the Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation (YKHC) we administer a comprehensive healthcare system throughout 58 rural communities with a mission of Working Together to Achieve Excellent Health.
YKHC serves 58 federally-recognized Tribes and operates 41 Village Clinics. Our five larger communities are served by five Sub-Regional Clinics. All communities in our service area are served by the 55 bed regional hospital in Bethel.
For more information about our hospital or the region please visit
Yukon-Kuskokwim Health Corporation - We Strive to be the Healthiest People (www.ykhc.org)
Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Is responsible for directing and coordinating nursing care for patients based on nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other healthcare professional to provide quality, cost-effective and efficient care and to achieve the best possible patient outcome. Serves as a resource person when the situation requires. Applies age specific considerations and cultural diversity when rendering patient care. Supports Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation's mission statement. Is responsible for care of all patients from birth to elderly.
- Must have completed a program of education in nursing from an NLN approved institution.
- Preferred one year experience in health care setting as a Registered Nurse.
- In addition, must be licensed in good standing in the State of Alaska as a Registered Professional Nurse. Current BLS. The successful candidate will be required to pass and maintain competencies for this position.
- Office equipment (i.e. computer, telephone, fax machine, copy machine)
- Medical equipment as appropriate for position (EKG, Cystoscopy)
- Proficient oral and written communication skills.
- Able to practice nursing as described in the Alaska Status regarding the practice of Registered Nursing. Cognitive and technical knowledge required with the ability to manage care across the continuum of care. Must be flexible with work schedule and possess the ability for independent actions within prescribed limits. Able to utilize the nursing process in the provision of patient care. Able to administer treatments, medications, interpret diagnostic tests, provide patient/family/significant other education and collaborate with other professions.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to work in patient care setting.
- Basic EKG skills
- Basic nursing skills.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to document actions involved in care delivery. Ability to follow guidelines and procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Theoretical knowledge of the nursing process, care management, and continuity of care.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent draw and interpret graphs, and input computer information.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Supervise Unit secretaries and PCT's in collaboration with the Charge Nurse
- Generous PTO - beginning at 4.5 weeks
- Ten paid holidays
- Comprehensive healthcare coverage
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
- Retirement plans
- Employee Wellness Center
- $30,000 Sign On Bonus with three agreement*
ID:13585Location:BethelDepartment:Outpatient ClinicsEmployment Duration:80 Full timeTemporary Status:Not ApplicableHours per Week:40
Yukon Kuskokwim Health Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status and any other basis protected by law. Individuals with disabilities needing assistance in the recruitment process are encouraged to contact Human Resources directly.
Under P.L. 93-638, preference is given to Alaska Native/American Indian applicants.
For more information, please contact the YKHC Recruitment Department at YKHCRecruitment@YKHC.org or phone (907) 543-6060 and ask to speak with a recruiter.
To view more positions available please visit YKHC Career Center (https://chu.tbe.taleo.net/chu01/ats/careers/v2/jobSearch?org=YKHC&cws=41)
This job has expired.