MBKU is a private, non-profit, accredited educational institution, located in Fullerton, California. MBKU is a comprehensive health care university, built upon a legacy of over 110 years of academic excellence and clinical education.
The founder of the Southern California College of Optometry, Marshall B. Ketchum, was a medical doctor, pharmacist, and passionate advocate for medical education. The mission of MBKU is to educate caring, inspired health care professionals who are prepared to deliver collaborative, patient- centric health care in an inter-professional environment.
Created as the Southern California College of Optometry, and expanded to offer a range of inter- professional programs and health care initiatives, MBKU also has a School of Physician Assistant Studies and a College of Pharmacy. This is an exciting time for health care, for medical innovation and education, and for our community. We believe the future is bright, and look forward to advancing it together.
Reporting to the Vice President for Enrollment and Student Services, the Registrar is responsible for the overall supervision, planning and administration of the University's registration functions. The Registrar serves the institution through thoughtful visionary leadership and contributions that exemplify best practices, facilitate change processes and support student success. This position serves as a liaison and facilitator of collaborative work between registration, academic affairs and student affairs on all issues related to student academic policy, procedures, and progression, as well as curriculum and program requirements. The Registrar maintains the highest standard of accuracy, security, and privacy of student records, and keeps abreast of regulations and best practices in compliance with federal law, state law, and accreditation agencies.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership and oversight to all aspects of the registration process and supervises the Associate Registrar who performs most of the day-to-day functions.
- Works collaboratively with academic and administrative departments to organize and manage all activities related to student records and registration and institutional reporting of student information.
- Works with the Associate Registrar to process the graduation and certification of doctorate and master's degrees, enrollment and degree verification, production of official transcripts, and diplomas for commencement ceremonies.
- Serves on the University commencement ceremony committee and participates in the University events.
- Recommends and participates in developing and implementing University policies and procedures regarding student registration and records; may serve on University planning and policy-making committees.
- Counsels and advises faculty and staff on academic matters; interprets and enforces policies and regulations of the University related to registration.
- Oversees and maintains the integrity of all academic, enrollment and graduation records of the University students and, as the custodian and steward of these records, abide by the University, state and federal requirements, policies, and legislation.
- Directs operational initiatives including curriculum management, data accuracy and integrity, operational efficiency, management of the academic catalog, registration, data management, management of academic records, enrollment verification, grade processing, University degree requirements, degree audit and certification, transcript evaluation and processing.
- Oversees the MBKU Course Catalog and ensure accurate and timely provision of information to faculty, staff, students and the public regarding academic policy, course information and student learning outcomes.
- Serves as the Primary Designated School Official (PDSO). Oversees nonimmigrant Visa-related advisement and interpretation of regulations, internship advisement, intercultural adjustment, Curricular Practical Training (CPT), and Optional Practical Training (OPT).
- Leads and participates in collaborative decision making, continuous quality improvement, and the implementation and use of complex information and computer systems, software applications, data infrastructures and technologies.
- Maintains current knowledge of the various systems that interface with student data and ensures adherence to FERPA/HIPPA compliance and other regulations that impact the systems and services provided by the Registrar's Office (i.e., Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Solomon Act, and VA requirements).
- Provides data reports to support official reporting to Integrated Postsecondary Education Data System (IPEDS), National Student Clearinghouse (NSC) and other regulatory and accreditation agencies and organizations.
- Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to coordinate and execute multiple concurrent independent tasks.
- Commitment to solution-focused decision making and teamwork/collaboration.
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal and written communication skills to establish a collaborative working relationship with a wide variety of students, staff, and administrators.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to handle difficult situations and individuals effectively using tact, diplomacy, and engagement.
- Excellent ability to work as a member of a collaborative, multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to manage the fluctuation of caseload and maintain appropriate confidential counseling records.
- The ability and willingness to work evenings and/or weekends to accommodate service needs related to job responsibilities.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree preferred.
- Five(5) years of relevant experience.
- Background in working with graduate, particularly doctoral, programs.
- Knowledge of federal regulations governing student records and American Association of Collegiate Registrars and Admissions Officers (AACRAO) best practices.
- Experience with a relational database, especially a student information system. Jenzabar EX preferred.
- Experience as a Designated School Official with Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS).
- Knowledge of immigration regulations and benefits pertinent to F-1 Student Visa-holders and other nonimmigrant visa categories.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; able to convey complex information clearly and diplomatically.
- Comfort with managing detailed, fluctuating data while keeping pace with multiple appeals for attention.
- Capacity to use independent judgment and to perform successfully without close supervision.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word and Excel within a PC environment.
MBKU provides an excellent benefits package including medical, dental, and life insurance, free vision exams, short and long term disability, generous paid time off plans, and a university-sponsored retirement plan. See our website under Employment for more details regarding benefits of working for MBKU (www.ketchum.edu).
MBKU is an equal opportunity employer; requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
MBKU is committed to providing an environment in which all individuals are treated with respect and professionalism. In accordance with applicable federal and state laws, it is University policy to prevent the unlawful discrimination against students, applicants for admission, employees, applicants for employment and patients requesting treatment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, age or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. The University also prohibits sexual harassment and harassment on any of the above bases (please refer to the Title IX page for more information).
All MBKU employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. New employees must show proof of vaccination by the first day of work. Requests for reasonable accommodation due to medical or religious reasons will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This job has expired.