At Asahi Kasei we believe anyone can buy equipment or build a facility. It is our diverse team members around the globe who will enable us to develop ideas and technologies and capture the exciting opportunities that lie ahead. We look for candidates with a fresh perspective, people with a wide variety of skills who are creative thinkers, enjoy challenges and are driven to excel.
We are currently seeking applications to fill the following job opening at Daramic where we develop and manufacture advanced lead-acid battery separators that are driving innovation in transportation and industrial applications with cars, trucks, forklifts, and golf carts as well as ESS.
Maintenance Controls Specialist, PM Specialist, and up to (5) union employees
ISO 14001 ENVIRONMENTAL MANAGEMENT SYSTEM/EMPLOYEE RESPONSIBILITY:
- Understand the importance of conformance with the environmental policy relevant procedures and the requirements of the EMS (Environmental Management System).
- Understand the environmental impacts associated with their work activities and the environmental benefits of improved personal performance.
- Understand their role in achieving conformance with the environmental policy, relevant procedures, and the requirements of the EMS, including preparedness and response.
- Understand the potential consequences of deviation from specified operating procedures. Immediately report any accidents and release to the Supervisor.
- Recognize that adhering to job responsibilities and procedures regarding environmental, health and safety is a condition of employment.
QualityProviding customers with products and services that meet or exceed their expectations. This will be achieved through:
- Comply with all environmental, safety, and health rules, policies, and programs established by the company to the extent of training received.
- Establishment of meaningful and measurable quality objectives that are subject to regular management review
- Use of a quality management system that is primarily based on prevention rather than detection, and
- Continued improvement of processes at all levels of the organization
The Reliability Engineering Supervisor provides the technical expertise on all matters of reliability engineering, assessment, and monitoring for all process equipment. This position is responsible for carrying out reliability studies on existing equipment. The incumbent will also recommend needed improvements to Maintenance, Operations, and Engineering Management in the areas of equipment strategies and best practices for asset productivity. This is the "go to person" for all matters of equipment reliability. This position will also be focused on enhancing equipment reliability through analysis in addition to periodic first response, day-to-day trouble shooting of failed equipment.
- Develop and implement equipment asset plans using Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), and other reliability techniques.
- Responsible for development of Plant Maintenance Strategy and supporting implementation of the strategy
- Apply engineering theory and practice to perform physical failure analysis, determine root cause of equipment failures, and conduct equipment performance evaluations.
- Analyze equipment trends & historical data to recommend and justify improvements to obtain lowest life cycle cost.
- Determine how process variation and equipment operation can impact equipment reliability.
- Promote consistency by standardizing equipment procedures & operations within area of responsibility.
- Support capital projects by participating in setting equipment criteria and specifications to optimize equipment/system reliability and life cycle cost. Provide technical support for fabrication, installation, and start-up of new critical equipment.
- Participate on production shutdown teams providing input into needed equipment inspection and repair procedures
- Supervises and directs the Maintenance Controls Specialist, Predictive Maintenance Specialist and five union employees in their daily activities as part of the reliability engineering team
Mentor and Teacher
- Downtime data analysis techniques and statistical interpretation skills
- Reliability analytical tools
- Failure analysis including preservation of evidence techniques
- Maintenance and reliability best practices including the work management process
- Rotating equipment and alignment techniques
- Fundamental Materials Science, including material selection and properties
- Lubrication and the fundamentals of interpreting oil analysis results
- Vibration analysis and interpretation of vibration analysis reports
- Thermography analysis
- Fundamentals of nondestructive testing, including thermography and ultrasound
- Root Cause Failure Analysis (RCFA) and Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Engineering design standards and their application
- Cost/Capital analysis and justification
- Process Safety Management (PSM) specifically the elements of Mechanical Integrity, Operating Procedures, PSI, PHA, PSSR, and Compliance Audits
- All Managers including the Site Manager
Require standing and walking for up to 50% of the time. Lighting and temperature is adequate. Work is generally performed within the plant environment, with standard equipment available. Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount to force frequently to lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects, including the human body. Education, Experience, AND SKILLSEducation
: B.S. degree in engineering (mechanical preferred)Professional experience
: 5+ years of experience (some supervisory experience preferred)Communications:
Verbal and written communication and interpersonal skillsLanguages
: EnglishBasic Skills
: Process instruction writing ability
Basic engineering principles as they apply to the processes and machine operations
Communicate with the production machine operators, maintenance technicians, supervision,
engineering, and all levels of management
CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System)
We believe a diverse workforce is crucial to our growth as a global supplier of advanced materials. Asahi Kasei is an equal opportunity employer.
This job has expired.