Assist and participate in project reviews, revisions, production problem corrections, enhancements, and usability testing of any functionality required to administer policy sales and servicing in the NPS and ANA operating systems. Assist as a liaison between developer, product managers, compliance and end-users. Assist with business knowledge and provide technical support to successfully implement system changes to the comprehensive policy and agency management system to comply with filed programs for multiple states, companies, products and lines of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Assist with evaluating business requests to determine feasibility, contribute to detailed business requirements and specifications
- Prepare test plans and scenarios for usability testing, execute test scenarios, approve project implementation and verify the production output upon implementation
- Responsible for verifying the accuracy of new states/ products, rate revisions, projects, and production problem corrections, to ensure a quality product
- Formulate the test strategy for testing through analysis of system requirements which includes participating in meetings to discuss specifications
- Assist in project planning, incorporating system considerations for various operational areas, and submit the request for programming changes
- Coordinate and document the resolution of problems encountered during and subsequent to the usability testing
- Assist in performing quality control procedures in the production environment
- Perform other duties as requested
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 1+ years relevant testing experience
- Strong attention to detail, organization skills, and timeliness in order to meet customer expectations
- Strong problem solving skills
- Demonstrates effective listening, communicate, interaction, discretion, and diplomacy skills
- Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills to interact with business and technical resources
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic and team-oriented environment
- Effective organization and time management skills with the ability to work under pressure and adhere to aggressive project deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to establish working relationships with individuals at varying levels within the organization
- General understanding of the insurance industry and organizational relationships of the company
- Ability to understand and translate user needs into business specifications
- Ability to understand and translate user needs into programming specifications
- Working knowledge of company operating systems and processes including a working knowledge of the policy administration system
- Ability to conduct investigation and research into system errors and discrepancies
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with business and technical resources
- High degree of initiative, mature judgment, and discretion
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Previous Property and Casualty Insurance experience strongly preferred
- Prior project management experience preferred
- Prior system knowledge and understanding of system processes
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.