About Gap Inc.
Our brands bridge the gaps we see in the world. Old Navy democratizes style to ensure everyone has access to quality fashion at every price point. Athleta unleashes the potential of every woman, regardless of body size, age or ethnicity. Banana Republic believes in sustainable luxury for all. And Gap inspires the world to bring individuality to modern, responsibly made essentials.
This simple idea—that we all deserve to belong, and on our own terms—is core to who we are as a company and how we make decisions. Our team is made up of thousands of people across the globe who take risks, think big, and do good for our customers, communities, and the planet. Ready to learn fast, create with audacity and lead boldly? Join our team.
About the Role
The global command center (GCC) is GapTech's systematic, proactive approach to guide all stakeholders to work together seamlessly and manage business critical incidents regardless of cause, size, location or complexity in order to mitigate business outage/impact. High collaboration and partnership is key to this role. This position will act as an incident commander on major incident bridge calls and will be responsible and accountable to drive major incidents to resolution within the defined SLA's (Service Level Agreements). This highly visible role will interface with senior leaders in business and GapTech and represent GapTech organization wide.
What You'll Do
**This role is a remote opportunity**
- This role demands to be available 24*7 for business critical incidents and must be agreeable to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including holiday, evening, overnight and weekend shifts.
- Setup communication channels for major incidents and train team members and other incident commanders on how to communicate during major incidents
- Assesses risk and manages activities affecting the production environment and client facing application availability.
- Provides status reporting to management via productivity metrics and creates standard/ad hoc reports
- Prepare and analyze reports to evaluate current and past performance trends and anticipate future needs
- Assist in the setup of the HDC (Hyderabad Development Center) command center team and to collaborate with them to enable this team to operate and succeed
- Jointly accountable for the successful delivery of global command center and continuous process improvement and delivery
Who You Are
- A Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Mathematics, Information Systems, or equivalent degree or work experience and 5+ years of professional experience
- Proficiency with ITSM tools like Service Now, Pager Duty and experience in ITIL/ IT operations/incident management
- Excellent verbal and written communications and the ability to work well with business and technical teams
- Experience in monitoring tools like - Nagios, Splunk, Grafana, Datadog
- Ability to manage multiple activities at one time in a high pressure environment
- Strength in building partnerships; working collaboratively with a variety of skills and levels
- Strong problem solving/analytical skills and strength in driving for business outcomes and results
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task and adaptable to changing requirements and direction
Benefits at Gap Inc.
- Merchandise discount for our brands: 50% off regular-priced merchandise at Old Navy, Gap, Banana Republic and Athleta, and 30% off at Outlet for all employees.
- One of the most competitive Paid Time Off plans in the industry.*
- Employees can take up to five “on the clock” hours each month to volunteer at a charity of their choice.*
- Extensive 401(k) plan with company matching for contributions up to four percent of an employee’s base pay.*
- Employee stock purchase plan.*
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance.*
See more of the benefits we offer.
*For eligible employees
Gap Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment and discrimination. We are committed to recruiting, hiring, training and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds, and make all employment decisions without regard to any protected status. We have received numerous awards for our long-held commitment to equality and will continue to foster a diverse and inclusive environment of belonging. This year, we've been named as one of the Best Places to Work by the Humans Rights Campaign for the fourteenth consecutive year and have been included in the 2019 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index for the second year in a row.